Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 08:02 AM

1,895 posts, read 6,166,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
Just a "heads-up"....Providence Road (16) can be an absolute mess during rush hour....in fact, it's usually always a mess going north into Charlotte (anytime of day). Or am I just on that road at the wrong time of the day???
Yes, I think it has a lot of traffic during rush hour. To get to/from Weddington Chase I would go down/up Rea Road and then pick up 16. They can wave at us as they drive by Hunter Oaks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2007, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipbags View Post
We are coming down 2 weeks from today. Any particular reason you prefer Weddington Chase?
I think the area is more developed at this point. I also think the neighborhood is nicer. Remember this is my opinion There are different price points in Brookhaven -- Wieland is building a smaller product in there on smaller lot sizes. Weddington Chase doesn't have that. I'm not saying that's bad, but it is usually better in terms of resale at the higher price points.

Old 06-22-2007, 08:09 AM

431 posts, read 1,668,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
Just a "heads-up"....Providence Road (16) can be an absolute mess during rush hour....in fact, it's usually always a mess going north into Charlotte (anytime of day). Or am I just on that road at the wrong time of the day???

Providence Rd. can be quite a mess during lunch hour and rush hour traffic. Weddington Chase is situated over a mile South of Rea Rd which is for the most part isolated from that major congestion. Providence Rd, from Waxhaw to Rea Rd is not bad at all now........but there are plans?

Old 06-22-2007, 02:03 PM

536 posts, read 1,692,958 times
Question realtor keeping it real

Weddington Chase is a great community and one of the best builders. IMHO, I warn you to throughly investigate the zoning of the schools, especially after the new ones are built!

Old 06-22-2007, 03:28 PM

34 posts, read 124,517 times
My Cousin who is looking in that area took me through there and it is a fantastic looking community, she is also looking at MI's monster homes on the back side of Cureton with all the stonework, it looks awesome. I guess you have more choices if you are looking in the $600's. I told her I could live in the attic.

Old 06-22-2007, 04:06 PM

111 posts, read 527,311 times
agree with south charlotte and union about weddington chase over brookhaven, both nice jw communities but weddington chase to me is more appelaing and a potential for better appreciation. i just sold the same floor plan in both neighborhoods and i think the wc was a much better deal for just about 7k more..... but it is a little further out and yes as said before the traffic can get very messy, but definitely worth a look!! good luck!

Old 06-22-2007, 06:38 PM

167 posts, read 689,598 times
I know the agents are not allowed to answer. But, are their any Jewish families in Weddington Chase. Not looking for a whole community...Just don't want to be the only one.

Also, a few questions if anyone can answer...
-What is the traffic problems I hear about? If we move down. I will be moving my business which would be in the area (ie-Monroe, Waxhaw).
-A question from my daughter. At Brookhaven they have a very cool pool with slides and lazy river. Does Weddington have the same?
-I know about the new shopping center. When does it open? And what other shopping is nearby (ie-Walmart, etc)?
-Finally, one thing I liked about new construction is that everyone there is new. How is it meeting people in an established community?

Thanks!!

Old 06-22-2007, 08:24 PM

We just can't answer general demographic questions...but...facts, well here goes...I know of three Jewish families living there -- two of them fairly well. They have a very nice clubhouse and pool -- not sure about a lazy river though. In terms of meeting people...yes I agree it is often easier in a brand new neighborhood, but I honestly think you will make friends. We were the last ones in our home that we built here, and relationships had already been formed, but we have found everyone to be very friendly. I think the traffic issues people were talking about related to a commute to uptown. From Weddington Chase, Waxhaw would be very convenient. Monroe wouldn't be too bad either, but may be a little closer to Brookhaven.

Old 06-22-2007, 08:33 PM

348 posts, read 429,922 times
When I was selling my house, I received an offer from a couple living in Weddington Chase. Their house basically didn't sell, so they backed out of the deal with us. There were 40 houses for sale at the time in the neighborhood. The couple also told me that the neighborhood is having severe water plumbing issues. Apparently, there are lots of exploding water pipes under the homes there due to unsteady water pressure. This couple told me that their pipes burst 4 times in the 2 years they lived there. The last time it happened, it completely ruined their wood floors in their living room and they buckled. They were thankful for Weiland's 20 year home warranty and the issue was fixed each time. However, they have to disclose the issue on their real estate docs--and we felt that this was probably why they were having a tough time selling.

There doesn't seem to be any issue selling most homes in union county, as the realtors on this site can attest to--but my feeling is that something is NOT right in that neighborhood that is spooking people off.

Also, the woman told me her commute to uptown was hell and took over an hour each day thanks to the Providence Road traffic.

So, be careful in that neighborhood and ask about the pipes!

Old 06-22-2007, 09:00 PM

221 posts, read 746,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipbags View Post
I know the agents are not allowed to answer. But, are their any Jewish families in Weddington Chase. Not looking for a whole community...Just don't want to be the only one.

Also, a few questions if anyone can answer...
-What is the traffic problems I hear about? If we move down. I will be moving my business which would be in the area (ie-Monroe, Waxhaw).
-A question from my daughter. At Brookhaven they have a very cool pool with slides and lazy river. Does Weddington have the same?
-I know about the new shopping center. When does it open? And what other shopping is nearby (ie-Walmart, etc)?
-Finally, one thing I liked about new construction is that everyone there is new. How is it meeting people in an established community?

Thanks!!
My friend lives in WC and she is jewish. She says there are a few. Her temple is 20 minutes away. The pool I know has a huge slide, but no lazy river.
She loves it there. I love the development. I like that the houses are all different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte