Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 02:33 PM

167 posts, read 689,785 times

Advertisements

Just wondering what the property taxes are for Weddington Chase?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2007, 07:03 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,377,459 times
its a total of 97 cents per 100 Most of those homes now are in the 700's and higher...Your paying Waxhaw Tax and Union County Tax...

Where we live we only pay union taxes so on a 400k dollar house its 1800 a year...

Old 07-05-2007, 12:18 PM

536 posts, read 1,693,486 times
Red face realtor keeping it real

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCMOMOFTWO View Post
its a total of 97 cents per 100 Most of those homes now are in the 700's and higher...Your paying Waxhaw Tax and Union County Tax...

Where we live we only pay union taxes so on a 400k dollar house its 1800 a year...
I double checked with the town of Waxhaw to make sure I had this right!

I asked if Weddington Chase was in the inc. town of Waxhaw, here is response via e-mail:

Mr. Lutz,

Weddington Chase is not apart of the Town of Waxhaw.
You may want to check with Weddington to see if you
are in their corporate limits.

Thanks,

Cori Hines
Town of Waxhaw

Last edited by Keith "Baby-Face" Lutz; 07-05-2007 at 12:19 PM.. Reason: added quote

Old 07-05-2007, 03:00 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,377,459 times
that is interesting...since its right near cureton and not far from lawson they do pay waxhaw tax and union county tax...its great then for those people who live there...lol

Old 07-07-2007, 12:12 PM

1,304 posts, read 4,321,256 times
Default I think Weddington Chase is actually in Marvin

Here's a map of the muncipal boundaries for Marvin. Looks like Weddington Chase is within Marvin's town limits.

I know it is very confusing. They are located right at the point where Marvin/Weddington/Waxhaw all come together. If you look at the map, you will see why it is so confusing. Additionally, some of the area is still unincorporated Union County.

http://www.marvinnc.org/PDF%20Files/maps/06-10-25%20map%20roads.pdf (broken link)

Old 07-07-2007, 12:25 PM

431 posts, read 1,668,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinnative View Post
Here's a map of the muncipal boundaries for Marvin. Looks like Weddington Chase is within Marvin's town limits.

I know it is very confusing. They are located right at the point where Marvin/Weddington/Waxhaw all come together. If you look at the map, you will see why it is so confusing. Additionally, some of the area is still unincorporated Union County.

http://www.marvinnc.org/PDF%20Files/maps/06-10-25%20map%20roads.pdf (broken link)
That map is a bit confusing. Anyone familiar with that area who can answer what towns the few developments North of Weddington Chase fall under? Chatsworth, Victoria Lakes, The Meadows....On the map it seems this area isnt even given a designation

Old 07-07-2007, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by U120 View Post
That map is a bit confusing. Anyone familiar with that area who can answer what towns the few developments North of Weddington Chase fall under? Chatsworth, Victoria Lakes, The Meadows....On the map it seems this area isnt even given a designation
When it isn't given a designation, it falls into unincorporated Union County. No additional town/city taxes. Most of the towns in this area do "voluntary annexation" only. That is why you will see gaps here and there. For example, in my neighborhood, two of the lots did not sign the petition to be annexed into Marvin. Therefore, they were NOT annexed.

Old 07-07-2007, 12:46 PM

Default Map for Incorporated areas of Weddington

http://www.townofweddington.com/content/weddingtonannexationmap.pdf (broken link)

Old 07-07-2007, 01:04 PM

Default Verifying your municipality...

I am somewhat familiar with this because I work a precinct during election season and this is a frequent question for newcomers. We always go to the maps to confirm. If you are registered to vote, you can go on the election website and enter your name. It will open a page that tells you what voting districts you are included in - whether you are eligible to vote in municipal elections (it will specify which one) or county elections, only. This search engine is only available to those who are registered to vote in NC:

NC Statewide Voter Search

Old 10-23-2007, 11:08 AM

1 posts, read 3,842 times
Smile Weddington Chase

I live in Weddington Chase and am a realtor with Remax Metro.

It is a great community with a lot to offer. In fact, many non residents do not realize there is wonderful trail system for walking, jogging, biking, enjoying nature, and a pond with fountains and a path around it.

Schools: The schools are currently Sandy Ridge Elementary (where my kids go) and Marvin Ridge Middle and High Schools. School assignments change periodically. It appears we will remain at these schools for next year but the following year is currently unknown. We should know by spring.

Location: WC is in Union County, and currently portions are annexed to the Village of Marvin. The remainder is in unicorporated Union County, but will likely be annexed to Marvin. We all pay county taxes. If in Marvin, you pay Marvin city taxes as well as county taxes. Ours are only $250 per year. It is far better to be annexed to Marvin than Waxhaw as the Waxhaw taxes are higher.

Pipes: I have honestly never heard of this problem.

Inventory of homes: I have not found a particular reason that people may be leaving the neighborhood, but typical moving reasons: relocation, up or down sizing, etc. Mostly relocation. The slowed sales in my opinion is more a reflection of the current market, particularly in this price range, and the competition with new construction and the over-building in Union county.

Traffic: Providence gets backed up but it is not so bad to me. It I time the backup, it is usually only moments, but it feels longer as most of the time, you can cruise up or down Providence. Of course, I moved here from LA (although am a native Carolinian). Now, that is traffic!! They are in the process of widening Providence.

New Town Gardens: This will be a plus for home values. Regardless of whether you prefer it or not, evidence and history tells us this will add to the value. The plans that were posted last showed a pond in front, attractive buildings/storefronts, with an acre of grass and a fountain with Harris Teeter as an anchor.

Yes, there is a Colonnade section and there are also some Colonnade homes mixed throughout the neighborhood.

Thanks, Shelley
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte