Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2007, 05:21 PM

36 posts, read 128,219 times

Advertisements

Was hoping for some advice on Salisbury. Currently, I live in TN and I'm hoping to land a job in Salisbury. However, I want to live in or around Charlotte but also don't want a dreadful commute. Can anyone fill me in on some areas that would be decent as far as the commute? Preferably areas that are low in crime, urban-feeling (not country), has plenty of people and is liberal (if possible). I will be moving with my girlfriend so I would rather not live somewhere where sexuality would be an issue.

Thank you in advance. Any help is greatly appreciated. If you need more info about anything, please let me know!

K
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2007, 06:48 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Hi Salisbury is a cute town and is not a suburban town of charlotte just wanted you to be aware of that.

It has ample amount of variety of restaurants 3 of my favorite places to stop in at is Sweet Meadow Cafe. A great place to have lunch and dinner on weekends (they do not serve dinner during the week) It is a very liberal extremely friendy staff.

Treat your partner as a thank you for moving to LaCava Restaurant it is a Itailian restaurant slightly high end in this 1800 built church. I thought it was odd but the way they redid it made it very cool and experience.

Nothing beats a late night run down to see if the hot n now sign is on in one of the original krispy kreme stores and watch your doughnuts be made.

I do not know if you are renting or looking for a home but stay way south of Innes st and avoid the east side and especiallly the north side. I find it very sketchy in those locations.

I really cant answer far as accepting behavior due to it is small town but it is also some what diverse city you are probably going to be making several trips to charlotte for more people with common interest but they do live in that area just sparse.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte