U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 06:50 AM

7,930 posts, read 17,800,938 times

Advertisements

Hey shenna Girl are you Nuts?? not HOT?? LOL...oh people its hot here however the humidity right now isnt as bad as it is in the Northeast, However Ive been told this is nothing compared to Aug and Sept...its been 94-98 degrees here...oh boy...

Oh and am I the only one who noticed it gets hotter as the day progresses?? eesshhh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2007, 07:49 AM

1,304 posts, read 3,874,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCMOMOFTWO View Post
Hey shenna Girl are you Nuts?? not HOT?? LOL...oh people its hot here however the humidity right now isnt as bad as it is in the Northeast, However Ive been told this is nothing compared to Aug and Sept...its been 94-98 degrees here...oh boy...

Oh and am I the only one who noticed it gets hotter as the day progresses?? eesshhh
Staci - This is a tiny taste of August...LOL! We are in a thunderstorm pattern right now. Which means that the day heats up in the morning, then we have afternoon thunderstorms, which turn it into a steamy, humid sauna. As we always say - it's the humidity!

Old 06-25-2007, 09:17 AM

143 posts, read 539,301 times
Moving the end of week to union county I am a born and raised Washingtonian of 47 years. When the DW and I stared our family we moved to a local suburb between Washington and Baltimore. We figured we could work in either city with no major commute issue. Years later most of kids on their own and the three major interstate routes clogged just about all day. We are looking for a new chapter in life. Really excited about learning the culture of a new area and meeting new friends as well as the fun of finding and exploring all the areas in and around the beautiful city of Charlotte

Old 06-25-2007, 09:39 AM

182 posts, read 750,431 times
My husband, our 4 year-old daughter and our boxers, Tascha and Harley will be leaving California for Charlotte hopefully by November.
We are both professionals, earning 155K plus per year, and we still can't seem to get ahead.
We are both leaving our current jobs; I've been at mine for 15 years and he 7. I presently have a few job prospects and he isn't sure what he's going to do.
Because real estate is out of control and expense here, we have about $200k in equity that will allow us the luxury of getting are child set up in a good preschool while getting to know neighbors, the area and our new lives while looking for employment.
We are looking forward to a new start; there isn't too many chances in the game of life for "do overs" Hopefully we will get it right this time. Either way we are looking forward to our new adventure as a family.

Old 06-25-2007, 11:14 AM

8 posts, read 23,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marinagirl View Post
It's definitely not that hot in Charlotte... I'm moving in August from Tuscaloosa, Alabama, and it's always at least 10 degrees warmer in Tuscaloosa. I'm moving up there because my family owns a marina on Lake Norman and I realized I'd much rather work on the water every day than teach French to snotty high-schoolers! I love that I'll be close to the city and to the country. I'm tired of driving 4 hours to Atlanta to get some real shopping done!
Marinagirl - I moved to Charlotte from Tuscaloosa about 3 years ago. Welcome and Roll Tide!!

smash31

Old 06-25-2007, 11:21 AM

45,269 posts, read 88,588,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smash31 View Post
Marinagirl - I moved to Charlotte from Tuscaloosa about 3 years ago. Welcome and Roll Tide!!

smash31
"Roll Tide, roll...around the bowl and down the hole, roll tide roll"

Go Tigers! (LSU, LSU, LSU)

*just playing with ya

Old 06-25-2007, 11:57 AM

55 posts, read 144,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XNYgirl View Post
...The fact that 60 used to be a warm day and now it's not....

Not wearing a parka is priceless for me.
Also moving to be closer to extended family. I think I am one of the only natives on this board. I am concerned that all the congestion people are moving away from will be recreated in CLT, due to the population explosion. And, where I live $220K is a LOT to pay for a house... Still, I am looking forward to:

1) Using the snow shovel for a winter decoration, not a tool
2) White out coming in a bottle, instead of at you on the highway in November
3) Seeing the sun for more than a few days in Nov/Dec
4) Being in an area that is alive, and growing, not stagnant, and struggling to avoid further erosion
5) Having people say hello as you pass them

Just my .02

Old 06-25-2007, 01:05 PM

245 posts, read 813,249 times
Moving from Detroit because I cannot take one more minute of this place...Spring 08 isnt soon enough!

be there to visit in 2 weeks

Old 06-25-2007, 04:24 PM

219 posts, read 895,140 times
We are leaving Central NJ next Thursday to move to Taylorsville - Alexander CTY. We are leaving for abetter way of life, better weather, friendly people,some land, and nice mountain view Can't wait
Melissa

Old 06-25-2007, 04:38 PM

4,299 posts, read 13,647,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCMOMOFTWO View Post

Nope it's not hot. Go to Az or Myrtle Beach that's hot!

It was nice talking to ya'll I'll be on the SC forum now, getting info for my move to Myrtle, I'm trading in Norman
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or