U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2007, 08:26 PM

4 posts, read 8,765 times

Advertisements

I'm working with the Levine Museum of the New South on a project (eventually an exhibit and programming series) about the experience of new Charlotteans -- be they from Gujarat, Mexico City, Poughkeepsie, Akron...or even Spartanburg or Raleigh. I'd like to know about the people in this forum -- where you came from, what brought you here, what you miss about your previous home, what you like and don't like about living in Charlotte. Also, what traditions from home do you continue to practice here? (I'm thinking of anything from a religious holiday to a particular food to a party or other special way of watching, say, a Mets/Yankees or Yankees/Red Sox game.)

If anyone would be interested in talking to me about these questions at greater length than would fit here, please get in touch at sarahbry @ bellsouth.net. We can email back and forth, or even set up an interview. I'd be very interested in your stories. Also, I'm new to this forum, so please tell me if it's inappropriate to do this sort of chat-research here, in which case I'll take it offline. Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Many thanks,
Sarah Bryan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2007, 02:21 PM

4 posts, read 8,765 times
Default Questions for newcomers to Charlotte

Would the person whose post was deleted please get in touch with me offline? I read (and appreciate) your posting, but did not have a chance to note your user name or read your other posts before it disappeared. Thanks! sarahbry @ bellsouth.net
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or