U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 06:47 PM

128 posts, read 311,489 times

Advertisements

I have a UNC Michael Jordan I would love to get signed. Has anyone heard of any signings that he does, ever? I don't have my hopes up here but I thought I would atleast get people's advice.

Cheers,

Paul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 06:17 AM

371 posts, read 987,445 times
Last I heard, the only way you can get an autograph is to buy something through a broker or auction. We're long time Tar Heels and grads, and I've never heard of anyone getting an autograph any other way. He stopped giving them a long time ago. When he would be visiting Chapel Hill and you would see him out, he was cordial and talk (even sat down and ate with some friends), but no photos or autographs.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:13 AM

1,343 posts, read 2,920,215 times
If you buy 5 or 10 season tickets to the Bobcats, you might (just a guess here) be able to negotiate something.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:42 AM

1,611 posts, read 2,027,362 times
This was over a decade ago, and it was just hearsay, but I've heard he doesn't sign his college jerseys any more because he has a new endorsement with a different athleticwear company now that doesn't allow him to do so.

Old 09-26-2012, 03:13 PM

1 posts, read 10,491 times
I can get your jersey signed by Jordan
felexx foxx

Old 09-26-2012, 06:03 PM

372 posts, read 563,755 times
I remember an occasion about 4 yrs ago. Bob Johnson was still the majority owner of the team and MJ was the minority owner. Johnson made an appearance at some function and someone asked him where Jordan was. He replied that Michael would not be appearing due to the fact that Michael expected to be paid for his appearances.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:26 PM

162 posts, read 188,146 times
That sounds like him. My family use to run a small non profit that was established in order to allow former Tar heel athletes to get together and give back to the community. MJ was very hard to get to come to events. Coach Smith just might be one of the only people who can get MJ to come to anything. Your chances are even slimmer to get him to sign anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glmore View Post
I remember an occasion about 4 yrs ago. Bob Johnson was still the majority owner of the team and MJ was the minority owner. Johnson made an appearance at some function and someone asked him where Jordan was. He replied that Michael would not be appearing due to the fact that Michael expected to be paid for his appearances.

Old 06-24-2015, 08:10 PM

1 posts, read 4,965 times
Looking for a signed picture of Michael Jordan for my daughters 23rd birthday. Her Michael Jordan year! She is a graduate of Chapel Hill and loves UNC basketball and Michael Jordan... Would be amazing present for her... Any way to make her dream come true? Her birthday is July 5th..

Old 06-24-2015, 10:49 PM

1,658 posts, read 1,860,106 times
He likely won't sign anything for you these days sadly.

Old 06-25-2015, 05:57 AM

4,639 posts, read 4,807,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debvermeulen View Post
Looking for a signed picture of Michael Jordan for my daughters 23rd birthday. Her Michael Jordan year! She is a graduate of Chapel Hill and loves UNC basketball and Michael Jordan... Would be amazing present for her... Any way to make her dream come true? Her birthday is July 5th..
michael jordan signed photo | eBay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or