Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 06:46 AM

741 posts, read 3,510,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700
I would if I was in town and didn't break my ankle in 2 places at Wilmington.
Ouch, my 7yr. old son feels your pain. He has a spiral fracture of the Tibia bone and is in a full leg cast. For some odd reason his bone is not healing that quickly, it has been about 8 weeks now and it is still cracked. I hope you have an easier time. and Get Well Soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2006, 06:59 AM

889 posts, read 3,116,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nctarheel
Well yeah its hot. Dont like the extreme winters up north? We have extreme summers here. And it still gets cold here in the winter, and it does snow...occasionally. If you like Super Target, Walmart, heavy traffic, Californians, yankees, SUVs blocking your view of the road, rising taxes and cost of living, you will LOVE it here.
What is wrong with people from California????????

Old 08-14-2006, 07:00 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,666,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvn2nc
What is wrong with people from California????????
you had to ask didnt you!

Old 08-14-2006, 07:35 AM

889 posts, read 3,116,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsbabe1
you had to ask didnt you!
Could'nt help myself

Old 08-14-2006, 07:55 AM

2,290 posts, read 2,470,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patty nj
Ouch, my 7yr. old son feels your pain. He has a spiral fracture of the Tibia bone and is in a full leg cast. For some odd reason his bone is not healing that quickly, it has been about 8 weeks now and it is still cracked. I hope you have an easier time. and Get Well Soon.

Oh gosh........poor baby, that's horrible. 8 weeks ugh. I can't stand it already I can't lay on my back all night it kills me. I have a walker and every muscle in my body hurts. What a nightmare.

Old 08-14-2006, 09:09 AM
JAS

582 posts, read 2,041,055 times
Default California

What's wrong with Californians? They keep winning all of the NASCAR races, and that's probably upset some of the locals!

Old 08-14-2006, 09:22 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,666,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS
What's wrong with Californians? They keep winning all of the NASCAR races, and that's probably upset some of the locals!
LOL!!!!!

Old 08-14-2006, 10:44 AM

336 posts, read 512,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS
Toyota joins next year. There might be Californians winning in Toyota Camrys.

Old 08-14-2006, 02:43 PM

543 posts, read 1,824,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua2415sj3
Congrats on your successful move, Mark! It's amazing what a change in geography will do. We just moved to NC from CT three weeks ago, and I was so happy during the 100 degree heat wave...I just kept thinking about the snow I WON'T have to shovel come winter!! Life is good!
Exactly. The heat felt good for a change. I guess if you were working it in it'd be different.

Old 08-14-2006, 02:51 PM

543 posts, read 1,824,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nctarheel
Well yeah its hot. Dont like the extreme winters up north? We have extreme summers here. And it still gets cold here in the winter, and it does snow...occasionally. If you like Super Target, Walmart, heavy traffic, Californians, yankees, SUVs blocking your view of the road, rising taxes and cost of living, you will LOVE it here.

Extreme summers = swimming, boating and barbeques!

Cold here in the winter= get out the sweatshirts

Super Target, Walmart= keeps the taxes down

Heavy traffic= haven't seen it yet but haven't had to leave Huntersville yet either.

Californians=good people so far

yankees= go Red Sox!!

SUVs blocking your view of the road= I've seen more p.o.s. farm trucks than suvs

rising taxes = still 2/3 less than what we were paying

cost of living= about the same

you will LOVE it here= We do!!!

Sorry nctarheel, but all the things you see as bad I see as good.

Mark
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte