U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2007, 02:01 PM

4,730 posts, read 17,767,350 times

Advertisements

ONaturals (http://www.onaturals.com - broken link) is going to be the next McDonald's. We just purchased several of their franchises to put in our units.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2007, 02:20 PM

1,225 posts, read 2,575,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
ONaturals (http://www.onaturals.com - broken link) is going to be the next McDonald's. We just purchased several of their franchises to put in our units.
You personally purchased several franchises?

Old 06-27-2007, 02:30 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,769 posts, read 6,754,013 times
You could go the franchise route with the benefit of having someone else having done the dirty work of refining the process, shared marketing, etc. Plus you can sort of look around and see which franchises seem to be doing well.

If you go the start your own from scratch- I would patronize a really good themed pastry/bakery, coffee shop, sandwich shop, cleaners, etc. But it's got to be über good. Themed meaning the product/service isn't just coffee, a donut, or sandwich, but an experience (add free wi-fi, a good look/feel to it, etc.).

There was a coffee shop that I used to patronize-walking out of my way paste a DD, Starbucks to get to this place b/c the product was that good (although the spacing was always cramped).

I've always said the product of starbucks isn't the coffee (as so many seem to point out), it's the consistency of the experience.

On a side note, if there are entrepreneurial high school students, I've seen a few do really well with a local moving service (apartments, furniture, etc.). Advertising on CraigsList for free and a good professional attitude is usually all that's needed.

Old 07-09-2007, 09:06 PM

245 posts, read 812,243 times
i'd be interested in doing something child or pet related

Old 07-09-2007, 09:27 PM

536 posts, read 1,540,257 times
Red face I'll Gladly pay u Tuesday for a Hamburger today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post

That's a fad, take it from a fat guy! Or the stat that 2/3 of America is overweight! (well now that I think about it, I guess 2/3 of America is always going on diet!)

Anyone up for a NYC style DINER! Where are all the Greeks?

Old 07-09-2007, 09:32 PM

108 posts, read 104,985 times
There's some good $$$ starting dog/cat kennel boarding. If you have some land 1 acre or more, you can make some good money. Up in PA my sister/inlaw watches dogs and brings home anywhere from $2,500 - $3,000/month. No startup costs no franchise fees. I watched a good Suzie Orman show about franchises. After listening to Suzie and one of the callers that went bankrupt purchasing a franchise, I sorta got turned off about the whole idea. There's so many other costs when getting involved with a franchise to worry about let alone being "sued". Unless you have money and can keep your full time job stay away from franchises. Keeping it simple and diverse is the key to business success.

Old 07-10-2007, 07:56 AM

1,865 posts, read 4,784,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith "Baby-Face" Lutz View Post
That's a fad, take it from a fat guy! Or the stat that 2/3 of America is overweight! (well now that I think about it, I guess 2/3 of America is always going on diet!)

Anyone up for a NYC style DINER! Where are all the Greeks?

I AGREE!!! We really do need a good Diner down here. Good, real food, breakfast to dinner anytime of the day & a good cup of coffee. My son & I went back to NY last month & couldn't wait to go to the diner in our old town. I tried to convince the owner to move down to NC to open a diner here.

I'd also like to see a good, NY-style Italian deli in my area.

BxRosie

Old 07-10-2007, 07:59 AM

4,730 posts, read 17,767,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeandFamily View Post
You personally purchased several franchises?
No, the company I work for purchased them. We are a foodservice contract company and have franchise agreements with several chains.

I don't think it's a fad. With all of the bad stuff coming from foreign countries, particularly China, I think people are going to demand local and safer food even more. You can even get a semi-healthy meal at McDonald's now.

Old 07-12-2007, 08:17 AM

1,304 posts, read 3,868,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeandFamily View Post
A good Gyro's Place is needed. When I came down there to visit I didn't see any.
Hey, Joe - Try Showmars...
Showmars Restaurants of America

Old 07-12-2007, 08:33 AM

3,662 posts, read 8,670,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLBound View Post
There's some good $$$ starting dog/cat kennel boarding. If you have some land 1 acre or more, you can make some good money.
I would love to do this one day. I know of one family in Mt. Holly who started this (who I highly recommend, we've used the twice and our dogs love them!). They are still operating out of their home but are doing quite well and hope to open a facility soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or