Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 08:34 AM

3,662 posts, read 9,663,379 times

Advertisements

Duncan Donuts only hires LEGAL citizens/immigrants. So that's a huge plus in my book!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2007, 08:37 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,421,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
Duncan Donuts only hires LEGAL citizens/immigrants. So that's a huge plus in my book!
That's why EVERY time you go through the drive thru at the one in Mint Hill they greet you in Spanish?

Old 07-12-2007, 08:40 AM

3,662 posts, read 9,663,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
That's why EVERY time you go through the drive thru at the one in Mint Hill they greet you in Spanish?
Seriously? Well, that doesn't make them illegal though. DD's and AppleBee's were very outspoken about this issue several months ago and took some heat for it. Have you asked for his/her green card?

Old 07-12-2007, 11:17 AM

126 posts, read 579,352 times
Quote:
Seriously? Well, that doesn't make them illegal though. DD's and AppleBee's were very outspoken about this issue several months ago and took some heat for it. Have you asked for his/her green card?
Unfortunately, it's pretty easy to get a fake green card/ID/SS Card.

Old 07-12-2007, 11:23 AM

3,365 posts, read 10,019,579 times
Quote:
Complain to the management.

If that fails complain to dunkin donuts HQ

If I go to a hispanic place I know they will speak spanish, nothing more insulting going into an american store and being greeted in foreign langauge, height of bad manners.

Old 07-12-2007, 12:31 PM

476 posts, read 1,575,427 times
Quote:
IMO..It would be even more impressive if they hired folks and required them to speak proper ENGLISH. I guess with the stand they are taking it is a step in the right direction.

Old 07-12-2007, 04:23 PM

149 posts, read 644,350 times
I know how to make pizza.

Old 07-18-2007, 06:00 AM

549 posts, read 2,384,087 times
Quote:
Actually, Starbucks will not franchiose too individuals. We have Starbucks mini-units at some of our locations that is bascially us DBA Starbucks, essentailly a franchise, due to consumer demand.

I would look into 5 Guys, but you must purchase 5, or O'Naturals.
The Starbucks located in some supermarkets and airports are licensed stores. The StarBucks company website states.

"A qualified high volume/high traffic retail or foodservice operation can own and operate a Starbucks licensed store. Examples include: hotels and resorts, healthcare, college and university campus environments and business and industry."

So basically if one own's a high-turn over business, they might be interested in having a business relation.

Old 08-15-2007, 12:56 PM

1 posts, read 2,602 times
Have You Found A Business That You Are Interested In?

Old 08-16-2007, 08:44 AM

185 posts, read 583,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith "Baby-Face" Lutz View Post
That's a fad, take it from a fat guy! Or the stat that 2/3 of America is overweight! (well now that I think about it, I guess 2/3 of America is always going on diet!)

Anyone up for a NYC style DINER! Where are all the Greeks?
24 hour Greek owned diner! hell at this point I'll settle for 12 hours! Preferably 12 night hours. asking for much?
mmmmmm dolmas! OOOPA!

Define diet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte