Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 09:30 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,821,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Feeney View Post
I too, am moving to Charlotte within the next 6 months and am looking to put something together. I currently work in finance in New York, and am moving down south to get away from the City and everything that comes with it. A good delivery Dry Cleaning service is a great idea and the one thing that blows my mind every time I'm down there .... WHERE ARE THE FULL SERVICE CAR WASH'S!!!! Are you kidding?? ... all this self serve nonsense drives me crazy! .... I may look into that, and although the start-up isn't too light on one, I'm a believer in the idea .... Can you citizens of Charlotte (South) and Union County get excited over the concept of not having to break out the hose and sponge? .... $15 average a car .... 200 cars a day 365 days a year ... I can do the math .... Break even in 2 years tops!

Hit me up if this tickles any interest.... and I'm light on the cars per day estimate....
SF
There is a car wash down here called Autobell. They do run your car through the wash, wipe it down and vacuum it out. Not sure if that's what you mean by full service. Not a high detailing center, but good for an average wash. They have quite a few locations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2007, 12:06 PM

543 posts, read 1,824,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damemeow View Post
Just curious, my DH is from Maine and I have no idea what a belly plate is. Is it the same as "boiled dinner"? Boiled dinner= corned beef or ham boiled up with cabbage onions turnips etc.

Did your NE mean "Northeast" or "New England"
Well I guess they're more popular in the Northeast but I was referring to whole fried clams. Haven't found anyone down here that does em yet and with all us northerners moving in, seems like it might be something to draw in those that are hankering for some

Old 09-12-2007, 06:16 PM

148 posts, read 562,804 times
My husband and I had been looking for jobs in the Charlotte area over two years ago with no luck. We wish to relocate from NY. Last year we had the idea that if we can't find jobs, lets buy a franchise. We worked with several franchise consultants and were exposed to many different options. The start up costs are very high and so is the failure rate. I would say to really do your homework with franchises. We did research on many different franchises for a year and decided it was not for us. Now we are looking into buying an established business in the Charlotte area. We have been down to NC twice this past year checking out opportunities but none seem to make a profit large enough for us to live on with 3 kids. Our dream has been to move to Union County and we are trying every which way to get there but nothing has panned out. I envy the fact that you just picked up and made the move but I really hope you find a business. Things just aren't as easy as we thought but we are STILL looking. Good Luck!

Old 09-12-2007, 07:14 PM

230 posts, read 578,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamherenowwhat View Post
Just moved here with the idea of starting a business, buy into a business, or starting or buying into a franchise. Any luck? We would also be interested in partnering up with someone and working together if it makes sense. This is a great city and I see opportunity all over the place. We would prefer to be in the Southern part of Charlotte or South of Uptown as this is where we would be living.
I have a franchising opportunity coming up in the food service. I am also interested in the southern part of Charlotte or down town. I have another couple interested in opening one in Atlanta.

Old 09-12-2007, 07:17 PM

56 posts, read 221,215 times
I'm actually thinking about starting my own business in the south charlotte area specifically the arsley area. Thinking possibly of a clothing boutigue or personal training facility. Got the dough, time and ideas.

Old 09-28-2007, 12:04 PM

52 posts, read 149,848 times
I Agree...we Are In America....speak The Language!

Old 09-28-2007, 01:02 PM

245 posts, read 881,178 times
http://charlotte.bizjournals.com/charlotte/stories/2007/09/24/smallb1.html?b=1190606400^1523183

check ou tthis article of a relocater

Old 09-30-2007, 04:46 PM

11 posts, read 26,625 times
I know this would be a very small business, but has anyone here ever rented space from Black Lion? Is it worth it?

Old 10-01-2007, 09:22 AM

237 posts, read 298,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
That's why EVERY time you go through the drive thru at the one in Mint Hill they greet you in Spanish?

Well, Spanish I understand, the problem with me is understanding these heavy southern drawls!

Old 10-01-2007, 03:10 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,424,271 times
I would rather here "How y'all doin'" then "beunos dias" at Dunkin Donuts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte