Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 02:41 PM

64 posts, read 122,565 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone. DH and I live in Indian Trail and we are trying to find a great butcher shop and a great fish market with fresh, not frozen meats and fish in the area. I work in the SouthPark area so that would work too, we just don't want to be driving uptown, or out toward Carowinds or to the University area etc etc to find it. Is there anything in the Matthews, Mint Hill, Indian Trail area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2010, 03:25 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,800,089 times
For meat, I'd recommend the Meat House Charlotte North Carolina Butcher – The Meat House

Old 08-15-2010, 03:47 PM

777 posts, read 2,568,018 times
Fish place just opened up at the shopping center at park and Selwyn. Haven't been there but supposed to be a great selection of fish.

Old 08-15-2010, 03:59 PM

1,139 posts, read 2,361,638 times
Super G on E Independence has a good selection of fish. Now that being said I am not sure if they were previously frozen (they don't look like) and they clean them for ya and I am not sure what else they do.

Old 08-15-2010, 04:56 PM

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

I've lived in places before where you could go and get whole fish or you could go and they would cut your meat and tie it up for you etc, not to mention just having great selections. I don't understand why that seems to be so hard to find here. I love NC and have lived in NC for years but was a kid and never noticed this deficiency until I got older.

Old 08-15-2010, 06:33 PM

3,576 posts, read 10,655,777 times
What's the difference between what you're looking for and what places like The Fresh Market have always offered?

Old 08-15-2010, 07:33 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,036,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by superk View Post
What's the difference between what you're looking for and what places like The Fresh Market have always offered?
She's probably looking for an actual butcher shop. Haven't seen one since I left Chicago.

Old 08-15-2010, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superk View Post
The Fresh Market has a nice meat counter but A) it is overpriced, and B) they don't always have everything I'm looking for, or the time to offer me that I want. I'm looking for a true butcher shop and fish shop where that is all they specialize in and have plenty of time to engage with the customers.

I like the Fresh Market a lot. It's just not what I'm looking for.

ChicagoCubs you are correct. We had them in South Florida when I lived there. It seems like they are easier to find in less southern areas.

Just want people to know, I'm not putting the area down. I went to high school in NC, and college in NC. I live here again now. So clearly I like it. I just wish we had more real meat markets.

Old 08-15-2010, 08:14 PM

689 posts, read 1,656,782 times
We are lacking in butchers, fish markets and bakeries. Yes, there are places that sell all of those options, but it is just different when they only sell one thing...they are experts. What's Your Beef in Ballantyne is a great butcher, if you live in that area.

Old 08-15-2010, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawks91 View Post
We are lacking in butchers, fish markets and bakeries. Yes, there are places that sell all of those options, but it is just different when they only sell one thing...they are experts. What's Your Beef in Ballantyne is a great butcher, if you live in that area.
Thanks! I have other things that I go to that area for so that could work!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte