Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 09:41 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,936,904 times

Advertisements

So, I didn't get it (just got the email). It's okay, though. It was so high-level and an honor just to be considered for it.

I'll keep looking at Charlotte though. Thanks for the helps and posts, etc.

-Angel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2010, 10:32 AM

1,343 posts, read 3,336,962 times
What sort of it was it, without giving it away? (Sorry you didn't get it) Lot's of people just don't get it, but I know that's not the it you didn't get. Your it was some kind of a job I guess.

Old 09-26-2010, 11:11 AM

8 posts, read 23,404 times
I don't get what you're getting...

Old 09-26-2010, 11:38 AM

624 posts, read 2,108,791 times
You still have the right to make silly assumptions if you don't open the spoiler:

Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel and The Dolphin View Post
Hi Charlotteans! I hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

Just to introduce myself, I'm a 35 year old guy, originally from Maine-now living in Florida, and I recently fell into a great job opportunity in Charlotte. It's not a sure thing, in fact it's a bit of a long shot, but we'll see.

My question is about transportation. I can't drive. I'm an urban sort of guy - live, work, and play in town. I'm used to not driving and I've lived in some cities with lackluster transportation systems (Like Tampa..lol). So - you don't need to tell me how awful transportation is in Charlotte, I've dealt with worse and driving is simply not an option in my life. My question is - does anyone know where the best part of Charlotte is for transport convenience? Is there a certain section of town that has the most access to busses and trains, and things that are walking distance around? Remember, I'm not looking for NY or DC here Just what's good in Charlotte terms!
Quote:
Hello again, Charlotteans!

I've been loving checking out the city (via research, haven't been there just yet). Even if I don't get this job, I'm going to keep investigaing. I'm liking what I'm seeing!

That said: I'm an urban kind of guy. Love skylines, and city parks, etc. In your opinion, what is the swankiest and or nicest high-rise or mid-rise residences in Down Town? I look online, but what a website says can be vastly different from reality (ya know, they ARE trying to sell the place )

Old 09-26-2010, 12:39 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
So, I didn't get it (just got the email). It's okay, though. It was so high-level and an honor just to be considered for it.

-Angel

Sorry the job didn't come your way after all Maybe next time!

Old 09-26-2010, 02:31 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:

-Angel
Keep looking, man.

I just came to Charlotte 2 months ago, and I'm already plotting to move out

Old 09-26-2010, 02:34 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,806,558 times
[quote=Antlered Chamataka;16040754]Keep looking, man.

I just came to Charlotte 2 months ago, and I'm already plotting to move out [/quot\\

Is Charlotte not what you thought it was.

Old 09-26-2010, 02:54 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times
Quote:

-Angel

Dont let one job discourage you from looking into Charlotte I saw this ad in Q-notes charlotte. Google it
I think you and your partner would like "Hue."
Granite Counter tops & stainless steel appliances, Balcony with city view.hardwood floors,lap pool, internet cafe & tv lounge which I think would be cool to have for people you dont want to bring up.

Old 09-26-2010, 02:57 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastbabe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Keep looking, man.

I just came to Charlotte 2 months ago, and I'm already plotting to move out

Is Charlotte not what you thought it was.
If I get a job in my girlfriend's state, it's a fairy tale ending

Old 09-26-2010, 03:52 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,936,904 times
Sorry - it was a great promotion with my current firm. The recommendation came as a shock, it's a bit high over my current position. I knew it was a long shot.

Thanks for the well wishes At least I know I'll be enjoying another winter in paradise
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte