U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 08:40 PM

13 posts, read 12,928 times

Advertisements

trying 2 get more info about meck. county... is it decent... how are the apaprtments...and as far as jobs... i'm looking at their Police Department...I worked for nypd for almost 15years b 4 moving to cape coral florida 6 years ago... any info would be helpful..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2010, 08:55 PM

2,447 posts, read 6,644,028 times
IMO the majority of the county isn't decent....it is quite nice.

Mecklenburg includes Charlotte and smaller suburbs: Pineville, Davidson, Huntersville, Cornelius, Matthews and Mint Hill. The smaller towns have their own police departments. Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department covers Charlotte and unincorporated areas of the county. Apartments vary but there are many nice complexes in the county.

Old 08-21-2010, 09:04 PM

11,836 posts, read 25,437,787 times
In addition to local law enforcement we also have the FBI & ATF here. They're worth checking out as well.

Old 08-21-2010, 09:35 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,327,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curves View Post
trying 2 get more info about meck. county... is it decent... how are the apaprtments...and as far as jobs... i'm looking at their Police Department...I worked for nypd for almost 15years b 4 moving to cape coral florida 6 years ago... any info would be helpful..
Are you interested in the Charlotte Police Dept, or the Mecklenburg County Sheriff's Department because that's the only agency that operates in the whole county.

The smaller cities in Mecklenburg County all have their own police departments - Matthews, Pineville, Mint Hill, Huntersville, Cornelius and Davidson. Of course, Charlotte's police department is very large in comparison to those.

Old 08-21-2010, 09:59 PM

oh good... just what I wanna hear......Nice!!!! im feeling more and more encouraged

Old 08-21-2010, 10:04 PM

OOOh nothing that heavy..lol i was actually a civillian in nypd..started out as a PAA (POLICE ADM. AIDE) then got promoted to Investigator .. where I actually interviewed, did background checks.. and that sort of thing....My ex husband was a Detective...

Old 08-21-2010, 10:16 PM

thanks for getting back 2 me i c u r the go 2 person anyway I guess it would depend where in Meck. i get an apt..Like i mentioned to barkingowl i was a civillian with nypd i began as a PAA (police adm. aide) then got promoted 2 Investigator...There i interviewed candidates for the job did background checks... etc... i'm 44 now so I'm not looking for nothing strenous after almost 15 years I hv seen and done my share... I am worried though that the fact that i was with nypd it may b hard...I know we hv a reputation... and I wonder whether its charlotte, meck, or the others they mite get turned off..after my husband (now ex) retired we mvd here.. and I took a job with the schools as a food service worker just so I could hv time of when my kids were off..and my oldest son grad. his 2yrs ago.. nd the tiwns last yr..my 13 yr old is starting hs now ( he lives w/ the ex) so now i need to do me and cape coral flrida is not happening... Never was...lol

Old 08-21-2010, 10:44 PM

7,041 posts, read 13,107,177 times
Oh, dear, I do hope that you learn proper English prior to applying for a job as an administrative aid!

NOTE: the only area that extreme abbreviations and lack of grammar is acceptable is (possibly) texting.....

Old 08-22-2010, 12:08 AM

3,071 posts, read 7,695,060 times
The line is long...........real long .

Old 08-22-2010, 10:52 AM

cute I can speak and spell very well.. it was 12:16 this morning .. I was tired and delirious and typing quickly... I dont think I would be able to work as a police adm. aide for nypd.... get promoted to Investigator.. interview candidates 2 become police officers.. traffic agents.. school safety officers.. etc check backgrounds.. get my point?? As a police adm. aide I took reports for harassment.. robbery.. burg. agg. harass. petit larceny.. i could go on... so dont get it twisted..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte