U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 04:40 PM

21 posts, read 60,103 times

Advertisements

I was recently talking to a Wegman's employee who opens new stores. I said when are you going to open a store in Charlotte? She told me Wegman's has an agreement with Harris Teeter not to infringe on this territory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2010, 08:45 AM

4,714 posts, read 8,475,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
this guy eats so much beef his wife grazes him every weekend..
ha!

Old 01-06-2011, 11:39 AM

5 posts, read 8,523 times
Again, thank you all so much for your responses! I, too, have discovered the Meat House on Rea Road. Perfect! Whoever posted about the staff there was spot on! These guys know their meat......wait, there has to be a better way to say that.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:18 PM

4 posts, read 8,919 times
I'll admit up front that I have not read through this entire thread, apologies, but we are looking to move to Charlotte area and have only been in a couple Harris Teeter's, my sister-in-laws favorite. They seem big and have everything, what are the prices like? Also, when we've looked for areas to potentially buy, we look for areas close to Trader Joe's, our favorite for prices, quality and semi- organic/healthy eaters.

Old 02-02-2012, 05:49 AM

9 posts, read 15,765 times
Smile Here are some "other" options

Here are some good sources for buying meat, poultry, & veggies for our new PALEO adventure. Besides your typical Costco, Harris Teeter, or Bi-Lo some of these places offer grass-fed, hormone/steroid free, & nitrate free products.

1. The CHARLOTTE REGIONAL FARMERS MARKET which is located on Yorkmont Road which runs parallel with the Billy Graham Parkway in West Charlotte.

Directions:
It is easy to access from either Interstate 77 or Interstate 85. (FROM INTERSTATE 77: Take EXIT #6B to South Tryon Street - keep South to the first traffic signal past Billy Graham Parkway - Turn Right onto Yorkmont Road and continue for approximately 1.2 miles to the Farmers Market on the left)

Hours:
Tuesday through Saturday - 8:00 AM until 5:00 PM
(October through February)

2. The Meat House
8410 Rea Road
Charlotte, NC 28277
Open Daily 9am - 7pm
Which is right next to the Cosmos Café between Stonecrest and Blakeny shopping Center.
Our Goods

3. What’s your Beef Butcher
14021 Conlon Circle
Charlotte, NC 28277
Welcome to Whats Your Beef Butcher!
They sell harmone, steroid, and antibiotic free beef, poultry, lamb, bison, & wild game.

*What's Your Beef Butcher, we are partnered with a FARM in UNION COUNTY, NC where our meat is raised LOCALLY with NO HORMONES, NO ANTIBIOTICS, and NO STEROIDS. We provide the highest quality meat for our customers. As such, you will find our meats and poultry are all natural and free range with NO hormones, antibiotics, or steroids.

4. Reid’s Fine Foods
2823 Selwyn Ave
Charlotte, NC 28209
Menu

*This upscale grocery with a prepared-food section has become one of uptown's hottest spots during the lunch hour. Lunch and dinner are available, with hot meals, sandwiches, sushi, salads and more on the menu. After browsing aisles of wines and specialty grocery items, customers can hang out on the patio, eat a fresh meal and finish it off with a sinful dessert then attend one of the regular wine tastings or cooking classes.

5. Clean Catch Fish Market
2820 Selwyn Avenue
Suite 150
Charlotte, NC 28209
Clean Catch Fish Market

*This "European style," high-end fish market specializing in the sale of responsibly fished and caught seafood, will delight all seafood shoppers. The market provides weekly tasting demonstrations and preparation/cooking classes. Customers will find specialty and prepared items such as fresh Ahi-tuna meatballs and wild salmon burgers sold alongside wine and beer as well as local organic produce.

6. Baucom’s Best Farm – 100% Grassfed Beef
Family farm is located just outside the Charlotte Metropolitan Area in rural Union County.
704-254-0742
Online orders
Baucom's Best 100% Grassfed Beef

Old 02-02-2012, 08:22 PM

3,114 posts, read 4,145,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSCDale View Post
I was recently talking to a Wegman's employee who opens new stores. I said when are you going to open a store in Charlotte? She told me Wegman's has an agreement with Harris Teeter not to infringe on this territory.
Why don't they have the same agreement in the DC, Baltimore, and NoVA areas, where both stores are aggressively expanding? I am skeptical.

Old 02-02-2012, 09:19 PM
amp

519 posts, read 1,340,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSCDale View Post
Yep, never comming(so sad). My cousin is a store manager in PA...due to HT they won't infringe. i too moved from Reston to here and am originally from upstate NY...I miss Wegmans.

Old 02-03-2012, 05:11 AM

985 posts, read 1,652,795 times
not infringe really? what is a couple of Wegmans with a HT on every corner? ugh!

Old 02-03-2012, 07:09 AM

5,883 posts, read 7,739,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
Why don't they have the same agreement in the DC, Baltimore, and NoVA areas, where both stores are aggressively expanding? I am skeptical.
Yup, they've already "infringed" in NoVA and MD. I wouldn't be surprised to see Wegmans make their way down to NC eventually, but it could be a little while.

I feel like in every one of these grocery store threads there's talk of Harris Teeter having an "agreement" not to compete with someone. How many chains does Harris Teeter have an "agreement" with?

Old 02-03-2012, 07:37 AM

21,966 posts, read 27,252,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
Yup, they've already "infringed" in NoVA and MD. I wouldn't be surprised to see Wegmans make their way down to NC eventually, but it could be a little while.

I feel like in every one of these grocery store threads there's talk of Harris Teeter having an "agreement" not to compete with someone. How many chains does Harris Teeter have an "agreement" with?
I suspect that the answer is none. You just have to scratch the surface.

Teeter competed with Publix in Greenville & lost. Teeter goes as far north as Delaware.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte