U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 07:19 PM

5,783 posts, read 8,410,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeacherAmy View Post
Ouch. I certainly didn't mean to come across as not wanting help in choosing the neighborhood. We have actually researched a large number of neighborhoods in the areas you mentioned--including specific developments you and other posters have generously suggested in this and other threads--but for various reasons ruled them out (range of quality, style of homes, builder stability, historic resale trends, etc). We've looked at dozens of homes now in the better part of 20 or so developments throughout the area you've discussed. Given that there are likely to be people on this board who live in these developments, I really didn't want to get into details as to what specific developments or houses we researched and looked at and why we ruled them out. I trust you can understand that.

Quellin is on the list largely because my husband is completely smitten with one of the houses, and although I have significant reservations about the location, it does meet just about all of the personal preferences we both had (location of laundry, location of MBR, side-entry garage, location of home office, etc.). My DH is not a selfish or obnoxious kind of guy, so when he has a strong desire or preference for something, it's a big deal to me. Brookhaven came about as a specific suggestion from our agent as a compromise between the two areas we were struggling between, as a specific floorplan in there gave us the aspects we needed but much closer to amenities.

I also hadn't had the opportunity to answer your question regarding specific price points and features before our most recent time. I and then my daughter were extremely ill, and when she was better enough to travel, we headed over and beat the streets from sunup to sundown. This last exchange was the first time I've been online and, with limited time, was the most pressing thing I was hoping to get insight on.

(I have also discovered that if/when I make specific comments regarding what we're looking for or price points, I get spammed pretty hard from any number of persons regarding their homes.)
Best post ever... It's funny, but this describes the struggle very well. You want something to fit your family. Well, maybe it's not funny.

I just did the displacement thing and know how hard it must be right about now... Good luck and let me know if I can offer any help/advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2010, 08:10 PM

2,193 posts, read 4,534,900 times
You can change a lot of things inside the house, but you can never move the location of your house. Personally, I would never sacrifice location for a house. Especially for small things like laundry location and side entry garage.

Old 09-01-2010, 11:31 AM

189 posts, read 329,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheenie2000 View Post
You can change a lot of things inside the house, but you can never move the location of your house. Personally, I would never sacrifice location for a house. Especially for small things like laundry location and side entry garage.
Thank you for beautifully putting into words what I've been trying to express to DH. He understands what I mean, but I know he's concerned about numbers with another house that would mean a LOT more money per month...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or