Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2009, 09:24 AM

52 posts, read 146,747 times

Advertisements

My husband and I would like to purchase our first home here in Charlotte. We are looking at several neighborhoods but are really impressed with Hampton Place. However, we don't know much about the two builders in the neighborhood (Scenic Homes, Brentwood Homes). We've toured the homes and checked their websites, but would like input from those who have lived in the homes and can attest to their quality (or lack thereof). Any comments about this particular subdivision and its builders would be greatly appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2009, 09:28 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdennis08 View Post
My husband and I would like to purchase our first home here in Charlotte. We are looking at several neighborhoods but are really impressed with Hampton Place. However, we don't know much about the two builders in the neighborhood (Scenic Homes, Brentwood Homes). We've toured the homes and checked their websites, but would like input from those who have lived in the homes and can attest to their quality (or lack thereof). Any comments about this particular subdivision and its builders would be greatly appreciated
Actually, that's northEAST Charlotte Good area, good schools - congrats!

(sorry, can't help with the builder question)

Old 02-16-2009, 09:41 AM

518 posts, read 2,061,058 times
Is this the subdivision off of Prosperity Church Road? If it is, I live within the same area off of Pros. Ch. Rd. we don't really consider this area NW Charlotte. It's more NE/University/Mallard Creek area. Anyway, we love this area, convenient to all kinds of shopping and restaurants. We have been here 10 years. Be aware that when 485 comes in, it will be near the Bi-Lo Grocery Store. I kind of wish that there were more drive thru/fast food places (not a big fan of bogangles or jack in the box). Schools are good, there are 2 elementary schools with great numbers (Highland Creek and Mallard Creek), the middle school (Alexander, and the new Ridge Road), Ridge Rd opens this fall? can't remember. Alexander MS was okay, very overcrowded, not fond of the principal. You will have to review the boundries to determine what school this area is slated for, I believe the last time I looked the Pros. Ch. corridor is going to Alexander. The HS is great, both of my kids go there, can't say we've had issues there at all, the principal and staff are excellent. When you are researching schools be sure to check the free and reduced lunch percentage, not just the race category. You will see that Mallard Creek HS has a 60%-black to 30% white, 10%-other; but the free and reduced lunch is low. Not sure if you need the info on the schools, but put in just in case. I'am concerned about the speed on Pros Ch, cars are always speeding. Fifty mph is not out of the ordinary. People are walking everyday along this road, so it is very busy. Police have been out lately patroling the area for speeders, which is great. We've seen alot more police activity over the last few months. Good Luck in your house search. If Hampton Place is not the subdivision off pros ch, sorry. But there is a subdivision called Hampton Place off of Pros. Ch, near Leacroft. Good Luck in your search!!!

Can't help either about the builder info. The best you can do is google them.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:00 PM

1 posts, read 4,680 times
Hello, I currently am a resident in Hampton Place. My husband and I purchased our second home in the subdivision back in Oct 2008. I love the neighborhood. Neighbors work constantly on maintaining their homes & yard which help with keeping the property values up. In addition, the HOA has different neighborhood activities for families. I am TOTALLY happy I purchased a home in this neighborhood.

As for the builders, my home is a Scenic Home. Which I will say that is the only downfall to the neighborhood is the bulders warranty department. I haven't had any major problems with my home but the minor issues I am trying to get repaired.

Old 05-21-2009, 10:09 PM

2,340 posts, read 4,630,594 times
For the neighbor looking for fast food. There is a Chick Fil A, Zaxbys, Wendy's, McDonalds and KFC if you exit the subdivision towards Sugar Creek/Brown(?)

Not that I'm a fast food junkie or anything... I'm just saying. ;-)

Old 05-26-2009, 06:32 AM

52 posts, read 146,747 times
Does anyone know if another builder will close out Hampton Place? Neither Brentwood Homes nor Scenic Homes is part of the subdivision anymore (the builders no longer have sales offices there; Brentwood changed its name to Crestwood, but no longer builds in Hampton Place). Brentwood Homes originally had plans to extend the subdivision out so that it would connect with the Amber Leigh community.Also, candyj4316, what minor issues are you having with your Scenic Home? There are several Scenic Homes approved for short sale in the community, but since they'll be sold 'as-is' is somewhat of a concern.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte