U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 07:23 AM

12 posts, read 31,191 times

Advertisements

We are moving into our new home in Waxhaw (Lawson) mid-July and want to buy all new furniture. Knowing that NC is the furniture capital of the world; Can we get the same pricing in Charlotte as let's say...Thomasville or the other manufacturing towns. We are not looking for the "Room to Go" quality (please, no offense) but maybe mid-level. Any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Signed: Finally getting out of South Florida !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2007, 07:32 AM

43 posts, read 138,122 times
The best advice I can give... DO NOT GO TO FURNITURELAND SOUTH.... or any of thier stores. RIP OFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had a major problem with them... but did get all of my $$ back. They are so shady.... trust me!

Old 06-27-2007, 07:38 AM

462 posts, read 1,687,216 times
My wife and I did very well at Ashley. There is also an outlet center in SC just outside of Waxhaw. Maybe someone will chime in with the name as I have already forgotten it.

Old 06-27-2007, 07:46 AM

4,730 posts, read 17,792,336 times
Biglots for furniture.

Old 06-27-2007, 07:51 AM

7,930 posts, read 17,797,641 times
We did awesome too at ashley bought a cherry/brown pub style kitchen set with 2 bar stools and got a fantastic price, and it is solid wood not Veneer wood plus funny story I knew the Salesmans wife from jersey, as they lived 10 min from house..LOL...but she worked at one of the stores at the outlets so he was a pleasure to deal with..They are opening a brand new store in Concord, we went to the one on 74, personally better choice than carolina place and much nicer....

My kids furniture came from Tyndall Furniture, beautiful stuff also reasonable..

Also check out havertys.com

Her name is Tina..real nice stuff also really nice prices..they are at carolina place as well...

Happy Shopping

Old 06-27-2007, 08:00 AM

1,800 posts, read 5,172,254 times
We went to The Furniture Mart in Hickory. (Hickory Furniture Mart). There are so many great manufacturers are represented there; Drexel Heritage, Lane, Thomasville, etc. They're have a great big sale July 27th, I think.
Thomasville just had a fantastic sale. Keep your eyes open to sales at High Point after market too. Usually in May and November. I have found that the furniture stores in the Charlotte area have very competitive prices as well.

Old 06-27-2007, 08:08 AM

22,974 posts, read 58,616,717 times
The places lately I have been going for quality furniture is Bombay Outlet store in Gaffney SC it not that far out and you get to see the water tower shaped like a peach (I actually thought it was shaped like someones bum first time I saw it LOL) There also other outlet stores in same location pottery barn, gap outlet, bannana republic , coach etc.

For thomasville furniture I go to the outlet store in thomasville they always carry at some point what the main store has. There is a sales lady who I can recommend to you who is very helpful making sure I pick the right items and she great with matching fabric. If you want her to send you a brochure send me a p.m.
It is a cute furniture town that has a tall chair statue in the city center and you can pick up some that bbq everyone raves about.

Old 06-27-2007, 08:34 AM

279 posts, read 979,912 times
Thanks for all the tips. I have been fuming over furniture prices here (furniture row in Pineville - we rent now in Ballantyne). Up in Huntersville we found that prices are also nuts - ie. $900 for a wicker ottoman and $1600 for the chair - I know it's pretty, but it's made of straw!! You can get a whole sofa for less. When you see prices higher than Pottery Barn catalog you know they are outrageous.

Also, be sure to shop around: my DH and I are looking for the bed to match our Aspen bedroom furniture set - one place quoted us $1500, another $1250 and the last $810, all for the same item. So, definitely shop around if you have a specific piece you need.

Old 06-27-2007, 10:47 AM

4,730 posts, read 17,792,336 times
Living Room - BigLots.com

Old 06-27-2007, 10:58 AM

15 posts, read 73,179 times
Default Oakdwood Furniture Galleries

Oakwood is kind of factory direct shop in Thomasville. They carry several brands at around 20% lower than the stores.

They deliver to Huntersville for flat rate 175$.

Their collection is very good.

Thomasville Tourism Commission (broken link)

Oakwood Furniture Galleries
100 Don Truell Lane
Thomasville
(336)475-6733

E-mail: okwoodfgi@aol.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or