Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2010, 01:26 AM

8,583 posts, read 15,952,010 times

Advertisements

We are taking my youngest from Raleigh to UNC Charlotte on Friday .
I think spending a night or 2 at a get away would be good therapy for
me . We need something an hour or so from Charlotte that is
restful/scenic.. I am not a city getaway type person.

I wondered if lake Norman has places to stay on the Lake??

Ideas would be great.
The coast seems too far ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2010, 05:34 AM

3,576 posts, read 10,609,633 times
Davidson Village Inn. It's been featured on Our State TV:

800-892-0796 Charlotte Hotels - The Davidson Village Inn

Old 08-18-2010, 12:00 PM

224 posts, read 455,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
I wondered if lake Norman has places to stay on the Lake??

Ideas would be great.
The coast seems too far ..
This is the only B&B I know of on the Lake

Blue Heron Bed and Breakfast on Lake Norman

It is over on the west side of the Lake, so there
it is a little less convenient to all the retail and commercial
available here on the east side. Don't get me wrong,
there is shopping and dining over there...just much less
than here.

Here is another site which offers vacation rentals on the lake.
They run the gamut in price range and if you wait till the last
minute you may not get one as they are very popular.
Lake Norman Vacation Rentals, Lake Norman North Carolina Vacation Rental Homes, Lake Norman Vacation Rentals Deals, Lake Norman Last Minute Vacation Deals
and Vacation Rentals By Owner
Lake Norman Lake Area Vacation Rentals by Owner - Lake Norman Lake Area VRBO, Vacation Home Rentals, Condo Rentals, FRBO Vacation Rentals, Lake Norman Lake Area Travel Information (http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/north-carolina/heartland/lake-norman - broken link)

Good luck in your search!

Old 08-18-2010, 12:57 PM

23,809 posts, read 34,437,137 times
This is a little further out, but the chef used to work at the White House.

704-937-2940 - The Presidential Culinary Museum at The Inn of the Patriots Bed & Breakfast Hotel, Grover, NC

Trust me, there's nothing to do in Grover, besides this B&B, but there are places within an easy drive.

Old 08-19-2010, 03:13 PM

3,364 posts, read 9,982,603 times
Lake Lure would be a nice place for a couple of nights.

Old 08-19-2010, 04:33 PM

445 posts, read 1,161,721 times
This is not far from South Mountain State Park - a great place for hiking, picknicking and enjoying nature. It's about an hour and 20 minutes from Charlotte - in the "foothills" of the Blue Ridge mountains.

The Inn at Glen Alpine
105 Davis Street
P.O. Box 686
Glen Alpine, NC 28628

Here's a link www.innatglenalpine.com

Brevard and Hendersonville are also nice places for a get-away. The drive is a little longer but an easy one.

Last edited by Carolinajean; 08-19-2010 at 04:36 PM.. Reason: add link

Old 08-24-2010, 10:55 PM

1 posts, read 1,559 times
Smile Grover, NC a historic town to stay in

We thank you for mentioning our loving and delightful INN ranked as the number one #1) INN, worldwide, to visit for history - two years in a row. This is because of the fact that we are one mile away from the three mountains of Crowders Mountain, Kings Mountain National Military park and Kings Mountain State Park.

We offer horseback riding, canoeing, climbing, hiking, a history channel movie theater, tours of the Presidential Culinary Museum and more. Presently, we are visited by 3.2 million people per year - and that number is climbing here.

We invite you to experience one of the best ranked inns and areas, globally, or to read the reviews of the area at our website [url=http://www.theinnofthepatriots.com]*The Inn of the Patriots Bed and Breakfast Hotel in the countryside of Charlotte, North Carolina. Call 1-704-937-2940[/url]

Everything we offer is within bicycle riding distance.

Sincerely, Chef Marti

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
This is a little further out, but the chef used to work at the White House.

[url=http://www.theinnofthepatriots.com/TIOTPculinarymuseum.htm]704-937-2940 - The Presidential Culinary Museum at The Inn of the Patriots Bed & Breakfast Hotel, Grover, NC[/url]

Trust me, there's nothing to do in Grover, besides this B&B, but there are places within an easy drive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte