Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 07:32 PM

25 posts, read 51,425 times

Advertisements

Looks like we might be moving to Mooresville. We like a little more rural setting, country road. Can anyone make a recommendation for places to live? Our kids are out of school, so school districts are not a big need.

My job offer is 100K, is that a reasonable salary for the area?

Thanks for the help.

Nyfornow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2010, 10:40 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,912,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyfornow View Post
Looks like we might be moving to Mooresville. We like a little more rural setting, country road. Can anyone make a recommendation for places to live? Our kids are out of school, so school districts are not a big need.

Thanks for the help.

Nyfornow
100K umm yeah I think that's sufficient. Try the lake area.

Old 08-30-2010, 12:56 PM

224 posts, read 456,128 times
Quote:

Thanks for the help.

Nyfornow
Where will you be commuting for your job? There are plenty of nice
properties with a little land that are in the Mooresville area. Just outside of downtown Mooresville, going toward Rowan County is country and also going north toward Troutman and you can be also be close to Lake Norman if you'd prefer that. It just depends on what your wish list entails for a home, amenities and a commute. If you'd provide a little more information, it would be easier to help you with some suggestions and locations. Let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Old 08-31-2010, 05:57 PM

Sorry about that. The company is located in Mooresville, near 77. I would like to keep the commute to 20-30 minutes. It would be really nice to be close, but not too close if you know what I mean. We are looking for a yard with some nature, near the lake would be nice, but not a necessity.

I did tour Troutman and Mooresville. Both are nice, but beyond that I would like to hear about the other communities and recommendations.

Last edited by nyfornow; 08-31-2010 at 06:25 PM..

Old 09-01-2010, 12:38 PM

224 posts, read 456,128 times
Quote:
Sorry about that. The company is located in Mooresville, near 77. I would like to keep the commute to 20-30 minutes. It would be really nice to be close, but not too close if you know what I mean. We are looking for a yard with some nature, near the lake would be nice, but not a necessity.

I did tour Troutman and Mooresville. Both are nice, but beyond that I would like to hear about the other communities and recommendations.
You could also consider Davidson as your commute would take you
the opposite direction from the majority of traffic at peak times.
It is a quaint community with a small town feel and there are
some older neighborhoods there with larger lots or even acreage,
if you want something like that.
Also on the fringe of Huntersville outside of the town limits going
toward Concord is nice and more rural.
Without specific housing criteria, I can't give you much more idea
than that. I think you'll like Davidson.

Last edited by kchenette; 09-01-2010 at 12:50 PM..

Old 09-01-2010, 08:12 PM

Thanks for the input. My wife and I will be looking for a 3 bedroom home, around 1400-2200sq ft. We do not anything too big. We would like .5 acre or more, but you know how it goes the right house will come with highlights and compromises.

What about Statesville? Anyone have an opinion?

Old 09-01-2010, 08:22 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,352,025 times
Quote:
Thanks for the input. My wife and I will be looking for a 3 bedroom home, around 1400-2200sq ft. We do not anything too big. We would like .5 acre or more, but you know how it goes the right house will come with highlights and compromises.

Personally, I love the east side of Mooresville. Look at a map and find hwy 3 (goes all the way to Kannapolis) There are some nice homes all along that stretch and it gets more and more rural as you go - very peaceful out that way if you ask me

If you want to stay north of Mooresville I vote for Troutman over Statesville. Again, look at a map and find Lake Norman State Park. That whole area going toward the park is very nice and more rural too (Perth Rd and State Park Rd).

Old 09-01-2010, 08:36 PM

279 posts, read 883,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Personally, I love the east side of Mooresville. Look at a map and find hwy 3 (goes all the way to Kannapolis) There are some nice homes all along that stretch and it gets more and more rural as you go - very peaceful out that way if you ask me

If you want to stay north of Mooresville I vote for Troutman over Statesville. Again, look at a map and find Lake Norman State Park. That whole area going toward the park is very nice and more rural too (Perth Rd and State Park Rd).

Eccellent advice! Of course I live on the east side so I'm partial to this area.My neighbor's house is on the market and fits the criteria you gave.Mt.Mourne area would work as well. Your options are endless. If I worked in the area you mention,I would definitely live on the east side of Mooresville though!

Old 09-02-2010, 04:04 PM

3 posts, read 4,227 times
I live on the east side too, and I LOVE it here. I'm from the NC mountains (VERY rural). I feel ike I am far enough out in the country not to smother, but still 10 minutes from town and work. I love it here!

The Highway 3 area is also a great suggestion...but it's growing FAST. In a few years you may be over-run my a housing development.

Old 09-02-2010, 06:04 PM

4,010 posts, read 10,165,446 times
Quote:

Given what you have posted, Statesville would be a definite option for you to consider. The problem with Mooresville is that is is sprawled with Charlotte suburbanite neighborhoods that are not very attractive, there is absolutely no control over development, and the traffic is horrible.

Statesville is far enough away from Charlotte where you do indeed have a nice town and there are some lovely neighborhoods in and around it's downtown. As a bonus the prices won't be unreasonable and as subject to a pile of foreclosures as neighborhoods in the Mooresville area. You should be able to find a place that meets the needs that you posted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte