U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-23-2010, 09:24 AM
 
569 posts, read 1,221,075 times
Reputation: 543

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcgrl View Post
Why is there no children's play area at SouthPark Mall? Are there children's areas at other malls in Charlotte? I'm used to seeing them in the Triangle and was surprised not to see one at SouthPark.

To the original OP question. Because the rich brats that shop at Southpark are usually at home with the Nanny. "Skylar" and "Mary Ann Catherine" are Southpark kids born and raised and since this is the case they probably have their own play area right in the middle of their Southpark McMansion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-23-2010, 09:58 AM
 
299 posts, read 509,597 times
Reputation: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLShorty4lyfe View Post
Well I assume a play area isnt intended to leave your child to play while you walk the mall, right? I would think its more for a "play time" break for the kids. But, I come from a whole different universe called S. FL, which if you let your kid out of your sight, the news will have some kind of horrible story of rape and murder. So, maybe it just doesnt cross my mind. At Fiesta whatever its called in Fort Mill, there is a huge fenced play area, i surely thought it was for parents to release their children while they shopped. Not my cup of tea though.

Oh, and Yoforia sounds GREAT. We had a place called Menchies just like that in FL! I'll have to check it out!
Lol, I've lived in that in that alternate S. Fl universe too.
Plaza Fiesta freaks me out. I was there once and vowed to never do it again when I had to climb that monstrosity to save my kid. Ugh.
All the area mall play areas are the type that you have to stay and supervise your kid/s, at least I think they are. I've never heard of a place where you could leave your kids and shop - unless it's called "Grandma's House"
Where's Menchies? I haven't heard of that - but I left S.Fl in '91 (however, I do go down at least once a year to see my folks).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2010, 11:38 AM
 
Location: Ayrsley
4,714 posts, read 8,455,646 times
Reputation: 3814
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Native 1 View Post
To the original OP question. Because the rich brats that shop at Southpark are usually at home with the Nanny. "Skylar" and "Mary Ann Catherine" are Southpark kids born and raised and since this is the case they probably have their own play area right in the middle of their Southpark McMansion.
Why all of the animosity for the Southpark mall? I really do not get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2010, 11:57 AM
 
Location: Waxhaw, NC
1,076 posts, read 1,993,380 times
Reputation: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyonthelake View Post
Lol, I've lived in that in that alternate S. Fl universe too.
Plaza Fiesta freaks me out. I was there once and vowed to never do it again when I had to climb that monstrosity to save my kid. Ugh.
All the area mall play areas are the type that you have to stay and supervise your kid/s, at least I think they are. I've never heard of a place where you could leave your kids and shop - unless it's called "Grandma's House"
Where's Menchies? I haven't heard of that - but I left S.Fl in '91 (however, I do go down at least once a year to see my folks).
Menchies is in Pembroke Pines off of Pines blvd and Hiatus in the new .. promenade.. cant quite think of the name. Theres a Five Guys and Pei Wei, and Panera Bread there. Its a very new shopping center, maybe built within the past 2 years. But menchies is good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2010, 12:17 PM
 
569 posts, read 1,221,075 times
Reputation: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
Why all of the animosity for the Southpark mall? I really do not get it.

Not so much animosity but rather slight disgust. I worked over there for several years and got to see first hand spoiled unappreciative kids along with bad parenting. Most of the customers I worked with at Southpark seemed to have a sense of entitlement (this includes the kids as well)....something tells me the reason might be the demographics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2010, 12:54 PM
 
299 posts, read 509,597 times
Reputation: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLShorty4lyfe View Post
Menchies is in Pembroke Pines off of Pines blvd and Hiatus in the new .. promenade.. cant quite think of the name. Theres a Five Guys and Pei Wei, and Panera Bread there. Its a very new shopping center, maybe built within the past 2 years. But menchies is good.

That's not too far from my parents - I'm so there over Xmas...especially if there's a Five Guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2010, 03:00 PM
 
Location: Waxhaw, NC
1,076 posts, read 1,993,380 times
Reputation: 1100
MM i know. I was so excited to see Five Guys in the Epicenter here in Charlotte!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2010, 04:02 PM
 
299 posts, read 509,597 times
Reputation: 177
There's one on South Blvd AND, one in Ballantyne, and one in Mooresville too! Best burgers in town (imho)..and the fries, oh, the fries! lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2010, 04:16 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
1,311 posts, read 4,222,359 times
Reputation: 1088
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyonthelake View Post
There's one on South Blvd AND, one in Ballantyne, and one in Mooresville too! Best burgers in town (imho)..and the fries, oh, the fries! lol.
There's one in the Arboretum, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2010, 05:55 PM
 
Location: Mauldin
412 posts, read 811,232 times
Reputation: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyonthelake View Post
i've never heard of a place where you could leave your kids and shop - unless it's called "grandma's house"
ikea
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:41 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top