Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 08:10 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,798,005 times

Advertisements

Carolina Place has one, it's on the first floor on the end towards Dillards (I think)

Southpark is a great mall, I was always disappointed to find out they don't have the Easter Bunny for the kids to take pictures with during Easter. They do have a Santa though so who am I to complain!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2010, 08:14 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,456,919 times
Westfield Eastridge Mall also has a play area, on the Matthews Belk side. (That name always makes me want to throw in a Southlake Northprairie in there or something :P.) I looked up Carolina Place and Westfield and Carolina sound like clones of each other.

Old 09-04-2010, 07:19 AM

341 posts, read 761,437 times
IMO I don't think that children's play areas are upscale. But it wouldn't be any worse than those cheap kiosk carts.

Old 09-04-2010, 08:06 AM

2,445 posts, read 7,449,778 times
Carolina Place is similar but it is nicer than Eastridge and has more stores. In addition to the small play area, the third floor of Eastridge has been several play areas/indoor parks over the years. Currently it is a glow in the dark mini golf place. It was supposed to open in June but it hasn't opened yet.

Old 09-04-2010, 08:39 AM

550 posts, read 1,355,358 times
South Park Mall is smart in not having one. A play area would only bring crying babies. It would essentially cheapen the place. If they put the play area in room then it wouldn't be that bad.

They got rid of all of the shoe stores like Footlocker for a reason...

Old 09-04-2010, 09:48 AM

747 posts, read 2,104,619 times
Footlocker attracts crying babies?
I take my Daughter to Southpark for the Apple Store, never noticed that it was missing a play area. She's 10 though, I guess she's outgrown that anyways!

Old 09-04-2010, 10:21 AM

550 posts, read 1,355,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealialex View Post
Footlocker attracts crying babies?
I take my Daughter to Southpark for the Apple Store, never noticed that it was missing a play area. She's 10 though, I guess she's outgrown that anyways!
I didn't mean to say that lol. What I meant to say was that the mall can attract whatever type of customer they want. A play area would just bring the occasional horrible parents with out of control kids. They will have to research what type of play area to have and the location to have one.

About shoe stores like Footlocker and Foot Action; they bring in a lot of immature teens that can lead to bad behavior. Look at the other malls in the area. They have degraded slowly because of teens loitering. I don't want to bring up the issue of race but many believe the shoe stores were removed because of it.

Old 09-05-2010, 12:54 AM

2,340 posts, read 4,628,579 times
UUggh

Then why did you???

Quote:
Originally Posted by tban View Post
I didn't mean to say that lol. What I meant to say was that the mall can attract whatever type of customer they want. A play area would just bring the occasional horrible parents with out of control kids. They will have to research what type of play area to have and the location to have one.

About shoe stores like Footlocker and Foot Action; they bring in a lot of immature teens that can lead to bad behavior. Look at the other malls in the area. They have degraded slowly because of teens loitering. I don't want to bring up the issue of race but many believe the shoe stores were removed because of it.

Old 09-05-2010, 08:41 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tban View Post
...I don't want to bring up the issue of race but many believe the shoe stores were removed because of it.

Sure, because only minorities buy sneakers. Everyone knows that...

Old 09-05-2010, 08:52 AM

299 posts, read 589,758 times
What's the difference between Foot Locker and Finish Line? South Park has a Finish Line. Or, is there some secret sneaker store hierarchy amongst potential teenaged minority loiterers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte