U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2010, 12:48 PM

747 posts, read 1,380,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeV View Post
Aha. How do we find out where these trucks are on any given day?
Well, the company is Central Carolina Connection, but I can't find any info on the web. I have the guy's business card, so if you're really interested PM me for his number. Probably wouldn't be cool for me to post it publicly.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2010, 01:02 PM

579 posts, read 841,344 times
Done. And thanks.

Old 09-12-2010, 05:21 PM

149 posts, read 427,381 times
Just a word of caution...We had the truck come through our neighborhood a few years ago. A big old white moving truck with Thomasville Furniture logos all over it. My husband and I were so excited about the prices. He was still in the truck looking when I ran into the house to google. All I read about buying furniture off a truck talked about it being a scam. Furniture that was represented to be from the manufacturers, but wasn't, and so no warranty coverage and no real Thomasville "quality".

We ended up at the Thomasville store a few months later and asked about the truck. They said they constantly get complaints from people who were shocked to find out that the trucks had no relationship to the stores.....

MAYBE this could be legit, but spending that kind of money, I would be real careful to make sure there is a real company that will back up the purchase if there are any problems.

Old 09-12-2010, 09:57 PM

1,490 posts, read 4,586,381 times
They were in my neighborhood on Saturday. I steered clear of them for the above reason. I don't like to do business on my doorstep. I avoid the meat in a truck guys too.

Old 09-13-2010, 06:10 AM

579 posts, read 841,344 times
Thanks for the information, everyone. I'm a little confused/undecided as to whether the truck with the Thomasville logos was really not from Thomasville Furniture. Would someone go to the trouble and expense of adding someone else's logo to their vehicle? (On the other hand, I guess so.)

Old 09-13-2010, 07:18 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,099,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeV View Post
Would someone go to the trouble and expense of adding someone else's logo to their vehicle? (On the other hand, I guess so.)
Stickers are cheap.

Old 09-14-2010, 06:26 AM

58 posts, read 125,205 times
I just bought a beautiful master bedroom set from a Craigs list ad and they delivered it. It is amazingly beautiful and great quality. They furniture was used to stage a home in Lake Wylie and they wanted to sell it instead of shipping it back to Richmond. We got 5 pieces for $3,400 and they look brand new. The sellers delivered it and even set it up for us. I would not hesitate to get a great deal!

Old 01-05-2011, 01:59 PM

1 posts, read 4,623 times
Default furniture off back of truck

I think I may of been taken. I was reading these posts and this sounds very familiar. Please let me know if you still have this persons card. I bought some leather furniture and it was a great deal, about a month or two into it my cushions started to fade. I did have a cell number, after I called a couple times, the phone has been disconnected. I am concerend that I am screwed. Any info would be helpfull. Below is a copy of the post.

Well, the company is Central Carolina Connection, but I can't find any info on the web. I have the guy's business card, so if you're really interested PM me for his number. Probably wouldn't be cool for me to post it publicly.

Thank you
JES

Old 01-05-2011, 08:55 PM

1,013 posts, read 2,418,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jes1 View Post
I think I may of been taken. I was reading these posts and this sounds very familiar. Please let me know if you still have this persons card. I bought some leather furniture and it was a great deal, about a month or two into it my cushions started to fade. I did have a cell number, after I called a couple times, the phone has been disconnected. I am concerend that I am screwed. Any info would be helpfull. Below is a copy of the post.

Thank you
JES

This is the risk people take buying off the back of a truck sometimes. That really stinks and you probably have no recourse. Years ago, I heard similar complaints of poorly constructed furniture or inferior material from those trucks. I'm not sure of which companies they were though.

And not to rub salt on your wound, but never buy leather anything off a truck, it'll more than likely be pleather.

Hope it works out, somehow.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:54 PM

1 posts, read 4,305 times
Well I have to say we bought from Central Carolina Connection in April of 2011 and were very pleased. It appears we were at fault for over writing a check. We were going to purchase two items so my husband wrote the check out for an amount I can't remember but then I changed my mind. So one item was purchased but my husband did not change the check so we ended up writing it for $ 300.00 more then what it should have been. Well when the check was cashed and my husband saw the amount he saw it was his falut and was ready to write the $ 300.00 off as a bad error. I called and spoke with the owner James Beasley and he was great he said he would refund the money back and he did. So I would have to say the furniture and the service was great. We our in the furture going to buy a great grandfather clock from them and will not hesitate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte