U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2010, 06:16 PM

32 posts, read 72,130 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

First time home buyer. My wife and i found a beautiful floor plan being built by Mercedes Homes in Fort Mill/Indian Land, the community is called Silver Run and is currently being built-out by Mercedes and TrueHomes simultaneously.

While we love the home and like the area very much, i am extremely reserved for one specific reason...the neighborhood is not significantly built out.

This is the community, and if you go to the community map you can see there are about 176 homes sites.
Charlotte Homes For Sale | Lancaster County Home Sales

The upper most street in the picture is a road designated for "higher end custom homes" and is not being built on as of now. Which leaves approximately 144 homes sites along the two main streets of the neighborhood. We visited the neighborhood last week and if i had to estimate there are approximately 10-20 homes built or in the process of being built right now.

So...ive read the beware of unbuilt neighborhoods thread, and am just wondering if there is anything i can ask/do of the builder to alleviate my fears? Should just stay away at all costs? Should i just pray if we go through with it?

Everything else about it is great, just dont want to end up living in an abandoned neighborhood.

Any opinions on Silver Run, Mercedes Homes, or anything else are much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 08:16 PM

32 posts, read 72,130 times
Never mind, not gonna do it. Discussed further with the wife.

Too much downside to being early into a community. No upside at all. Gonna keep looking.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:48 AM

45,269 posts, read 88,560,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
Never mind, not gonna do it. Discussed further with the wife.

Too much downside to being early into a community. No upside at all. Gonna keep looking.

I think that's a wise decision Chubbs.

I didn't have any info about that particular neighborhood, so I didn't comment before. But buying into a half finished neighborhood these days is just asking for trouble.

There are plenty of really nice established neighborhoods for you to consider

Old 08-07-2011, 11:50 AM

841 posts, read 1,240,170 times
I'll reopen this thread for updates. Any new feedback on the viability and growth for Silver Run?

Old 08-08-2011, 10:36 AM

7 posts, read 21,452 times
David Murdock billionaire owner of Dole, INC has a new development called Irish Creek in Kannapolis but that's way the other way, more country. At least you don't have to live next to the sick Lake Wylie, PCB's and nuclear.

Old 08-08-2011, 11:05 AM

841 posts, read 1,240,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeverlyP View Post
David Murdock billionaire owner of Dole, INC has a new development called Irish Creek in Kannapolis but that's way the other way, more country. At least you don't have to live next to the sick Lake Wylie, PCB's and nuclear.

Too far of a commute for my work though.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:21 AM

Default Buy foreclosed banks have thousands of them

since the Government is suing B of A and others for their dirty deeds why not take advantage of Govt owned or bank owned?

Old 09-08-2011, 08:22 AM

Forgot to mention Del Webb Sun City in South Charlotte check out the GYM it's beautiful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or