Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 05:56 PM

174 posts, read 477,031 times

Advertisements

hey taxman, where are you from? someone who might be rude or obnoxious automatically has to be from long island?? i suppose its the long islanders that i hear every day on my morning news that are involved in wreck after wreck after wreck along 77, 85, and 485. way to jump to conclusions.
obviously you have never known anyone from long island, just go ahead and keep thinking everyone from new york is arrogant and thoughtless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2007, 06:08 PM

1,800 posts, read 5,715,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCMOMOFTWO View Post
oh St iwas in the Arborretum this afternoon sorry to hear about your dd I know you and u would have killed her..better she didnt stop..lol
You got that right sister! I would've keyed her car if my keys were out!
Gosh, I'm gonna have to pray real hard tomorrow...
Thanks for the support everyone.
I can't say that this biatch was from LI. I think she was from wherever those people come from that are more entitled than the rest of us...

Old 06-30-2007, 06:20 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,489,693 times
I feel for you and I am not noticing alot lately self absorbed people.
I was in 3 different shopping centers yesterday and people have parked their cars in the firelane (which is really a lane for traffic and think just because they have a passenger in car that it is ok to go in the store.

Then I had experience at one of the newer harris teeter that actually does have a pickup lane and once again someone made a jolt in the store and it was in the evening during one of the afternoon rain showers. My partner was in their usual southern be patience mode but lol if it was me I would have pulled in front of them and block them in.

Just a FYI if you are using a pedestrian crosswalk it is a state law cars must yield to pedestrians.

Hang tough we all need a water gun that shoots slime when we encounter these situations

Old 06-30-2007, 07:26 PM

462 posts, read 1,843,051 times
Today was a weird car day to say the least. My wife is in NC now but I am still here in NY(LongIsland)and I was at the firehouse most of the day and in a matter of an hour we responded to two auto accidents. One where a woman drove through a telephone pole with live wires draped all over the scene and a motorcycle accident. One of our neighboring fire department s during this same time was tending to a 3 motorcycle accident in which all three riders were DOA, and two other neighboring departments where responding to there own Heavy Rescue MVAs. Keep in mind that all these alarms were being toned out within minutes of each other. I even made a comment to one of the PD officers on scene that there must be some weird influx in the universe right now because it was just madness for a good hour.

Old 07-01-2007, 08:39 AM

476 posts, read 1,575,360 times
I was so hoping that our relocating would somewhat diminish the "i drive this and I am more entitled" behavior of so many drivers that I experience here on a daily basis. Kind of a bummer. St, I am glad your dd is okay but I am sorry your day went "south" like it did. I will pray too.

Old 07-01-2007, 09:32 AM

4,139 posts, read 11,485,846 times
We witnessed a woman and her 6 year old son get hit by a car in front of the Target at Stonecrest.

The man in the car nor the woman walking was paying any attention. The woman walked out without looking (in fact, she was looking behind her yelling at her son to hurry up) and the man turned and didn't see her.

It was horrible. But noone was badly injured. The ambulance came.

I am sorry this happened. I am constantly yelling at my kids to NOT run in parking lots! Those huge SUVs can't see their little bodies behind before backing out and so many are not paying attention, as what happened to you!

Dawn

Old 07-01-2007, 11:15 AM

1,800 posts, read 5,715,762 times
Dawn,
The thing is, I was holding my daughter's hand while we were crossing the street. We were walking right at the pedestrian cross-walk! The whole thing was so shocking, because the woman looked right at us and kept driving! It was simply spiteful, not oblivion!
I can see if we weren't paying attention or she wasn't paying attention, but that wasn't the case. That's why I always try to look right at the driver before I cross the street.
To top it off, she was in a small car. She wasn't "swallowed-up" by a huge SUV, like some people are.
My theory is, that she was having a terrible day and took it out on us. She didn't look happy at all.
Like my husband always says: "Women can be so cruel to one another. Whereas men get over it and move on..."
Maybe I should just take his advice and move on. We're both safe and nothing bad happened in the end.

Old 07-01-2007, 11:29 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,489,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
Dawn,
The thing is, I was holding my daughter's hand while we were crossing the street. We were walking right at the pedestrian cross-walk! The whole thing was so shocking, because the woman looked right at us and kept driving! It was simply spiteful, not oblivion!
I can see if we weren't paying attention or she wasn't paying attention, but that wasn't the case. That's why I always try to look right at the driver before I cross the street.
To top it off, she was in a small car. She wasn't "swallowed-up" by a huge SUV, like some people are.
My theory is, that she was having a terrible day and took it out on us. She didn't look happy at all.
Like my husband always says: "Women can be so cruel to one another. Whereas men get over it and move on..."
Maybe I should just take his advice and move on. We're both safe and nothing bad happened in the end.

ooooooooo not me lol
I would grab my camera phone snap a picture then called 911 and have her ticketed for breaking the law... Im just glad you two are ok. I dont care how bad of day someone day is obeying the law and safety of people is always a priority.

Old 07-01-2007, 11:31 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,297,179 times
To be honest you are right in thinking it's time to let it go. Not to forget but no longer letting it rent space in your head. That woman does not deserve to rent space in your head--so don't let her!! A thing to remember, done deal and the sun will still rise tomorrow and you and your daughter are safe. Wake up tomorrow and put a smile on your face and make it a good day!!!

Old 07-01-2007, 11:56 AM

10,006 posts, read 11,150,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
To be honest you are right in thinking it's time to let it go. Not to forget but no longer letting it rent space in your head. That woman does not deserve to rent space in your head--so don't let her!! A thing to remember, done deal and the sun will still rise tomorrow and you and your daughter are safe. Wake up tomorrow and put a smile on your face and make it a good day!!!
I'm glad you and your daughter are safe,,.,,now LET IT GO...stuff happens all the time, it is the way of the world now ...sadly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte