Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 07:38 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
Actually Loves he can park anywhere he wants whether that's in front of her house, my house or your house. Annoying? Hardly... LOL
Barking, I already said that No one owns the street in front of their house.

But where I come from my neigbors and I respect each others space and do not do this. When/if someone in the neighborhood forgets to be courteous the HOA will let them know it's not going to be tolerated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 07:39 PM

1,513 posts, read 3,358,870 times
Agree with the pp: there is no law but it is a bit odd, especially if there is room in front of her own house. It's very possible that another neighbor has complained about the parking and she feels the car can't be parked directly in front of her own house. You would not believe the strangeness in some neighborhoods!

Old 09-15-2010, 07:39 PM

2,193 posts, read 5,052,845 times
Yea people can park where ever, but it's weird. We have a neighbor who has a guest that parks in front of our house. We can't figure out which neighbor it is. And the first time we saw it, we were going to call the police, because we thought it was suspicious. (The location is odd, because the side the car parks is near the corner, so no house on one side and the other side is us).
The thing is, there is no shortage of space in front of the neighbor's house (and the driveways are quite long and empty). What's weirder, is the neighbors house are across the street. So the car is not even parked on the same side of the house.

I don't find it annoying, but I just feel like I'm being watched because of the odd location.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:40 PM

6,151 posts, read 10,022,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I am aware that in older more urban cities people park wherever in the hell they can find a spot.

But people who live in most parts of Charlotte do not want an "urban setting"

Charlotte is basically a suburban city, meaning we like to enjoy the view out our front windows - and looking at cars in front of our houses can be an annoyance. Not to mention, when WE have guests they aren't able to park in front of our home if the neighbors boyfriend always parks there
Seriously... I definitely consider it rude parking in front of my house unless it's for a party, gathering, etc. Forgetting the aesthetics, that spot is mine sucker! Move along and I'll decide what I want to look at.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
Seriously... I definitely consider it rude parking in front of my house unless it's for a party, gathering, etc. Forgetting the aesthetics, that spot is mine sucker! Move along and I'll decide what I want to look at.
Right, with the exception of a neighbor having a party and therefore parking being limited, it is rude to continually park in front of someone else's house when there is a perfectly good spot open in front of the home you either live in or are visiting. Some people just have no couth

Old 09-15-2010, 07:45 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,028,509 times
Well, I have heard of a lot of things on this forum, but, this one really takes the cake. What's next? Are we going to dictate what people wear when they leave the house? Oh, right, that is already done, only a little more subtlety with whispers behind their backs if people dare to wear the "wrong" thing for the occasion.

Seriously. Don't EVER go anywhere where there are more than 10 people living on your street. Try telling someone that they shouldn't park in front of your house and just WAIT for the response!

Old 09-15-2010, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
Well, I have heard of a lot of things on this forum, but, this one really takes the cake. What's next? Are we going to dictate what people wear when they leave the house? Oh, right, that is already done, only a little more subtlety with whispers behind their backs if people dare to wear the "wrong" thing for the occasion.

Seriously. Don't EVER go anywhere where there are more than 10 people living on your street. Try telling someone that they shouldn't park in front of your house and just WAIT for the response!
Not sure why you are over dramatizing?

Like J said, she lives in SUBURBIA for a reason. We all realize expectations and actions would be different in NYC, Chicago or even New Orleans where cities are older, streets are more narrow and parking is at a premium.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:51 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,603,990 times
I wouldn't mind someone parking in front of my house if I lived on a crowded street but my neighborhood is not crowded. I recognize that people can legally park wherever they please but it just seems rude to park in front of someone else's house instead of your own when you are able to.

Maybe that is not rational or reasonable but that is just the way I feel.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:54 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,939,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
But where I come from my neighbors and I respect each others space and do not do this. When/if someone in the neighborhood forgets to be courteous the HOA will let them know it's not going to be tolerated.
Well having lived in some major cities I unfortunately have to agree with CC. You & your neighbors wouldn't last very long in an urban setting if you got in other peoples' faces about parking in front of your houses. And like you said earlier but are now backtracking on the space in front of your houses isn't yours & anyone can park there for as long as they want.

Another reason why I will never own a house in an HOA, petty BS like this. If you don't want to look at a car parked in front of your house... Close the drapes! Jeez...

Old 09-15-2010, 07:55 PM

2,193 posts, read 5,052,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post

You can't compare an urban setting where people don't have drivways and garages to an area where people have 4 car spot driveways + 2 car garage + large lawns. It's not the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte