Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2010, 04:34 PM

58 posts, read 101,048 times

Advertisements

Did anyone check the vuebuyer.wordpress blog today and sanity check the post about the Florida foreclosure of the Oasis Condominum and whether it is applicable to the Vue Charlotte situation? I see the 2 as similar but wondered what the gurus here thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2010, 07:30 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,718,482 times
Well, if you read through this whole thread, I told you 2 months ago (Post #8) that that condo will end up like the Vue...

Old 11-11-2010, 06:31 PM

171 posts, read 317,442 times
That's quite the contract that you guys signed. The 16% accruing penalty would scare me more than not having the ability to close.

Old 11-13-2010, 05:31 AM

The 1MM contract in the Real Estate Lookup shows the buyer was Sheldon Realty I, a N.Y. Corporation. Is this significant that it was not a person but rather than LLC that bought? Also, I believe GCharlotte had an assignment and was going to do a little digging for us so putting in a friendly reminder for that to get done.

Old 11-13-2010, 02:08 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,759,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vuebuyer10 View Post
The 1MM contract in the Real Estate Lookup shows the buyer was Sheldon Realty I, a N.Y. Corporation. Is this significant that it was not a person but rather than LLC that bought? Also, I believe GCharlotte had an assignment and was going to do a little digging for us so putting in a friendly reminder for that to get done.
Sorry I didn't get downtown last week but the deed is online now. I find it interesting that it is a Special Warranty Deed and the address of the LLC is the address of the unit.

If it was an investment property then one would expect the tax bill to go somewhere else. If this isn't a misprint then it looks like someone is moving in and that person owns the LLC possibly.

The easiest way to look at the deed is to go to Mecklenburg County Register of Deeds and pop in 2010131501 as the instrument number.

I'll DM you the SOS link on the LLC.

Old 11-13-2010, 09:25 PM

Thank you GCharlotte!

Old 11-14-2010, 08:50 AM

171 posts, read 317,442 times
Quote:
Did anyone check the vuebuyer.wordpress blog today and sanity check the post about the Florida foreclosure of the Oasis Condominum and whether it is applicable to the Vue Charlotte situation? I see the 2 as similar but wondered what the gurus here thought.
It's only applicable if the lender/equity partners are the same party(ies) and they choose to foreclose on the developer here. This developer has stated several times in the press that his lenders have given him until at least until the end of 2012 to sell out the property. If his word is good, then it will be at least 2 years until this happens here and only if the lenders decide a foreclosure makes good business sense. If it was a federal bankruptcy then it would be very applicable here, but it isn't.

From a pure business/legal perspective, the events are not related at all.

Forgetting that a 50 story residential tower in a city such as Charlotte is ridiculous, from a practical point of view, the real estate collapse in Florida that took place several years before it started in Charlotte should have been fair warning not to proceed with this project. However when they stuck the shovels in the ground, which until that point I believe it would have been possible to back out without penality, people here were still drinking the flavor of koolaid known as "Charlotte is recession proof". I do believe what is being seen in S. Fla, is a sign of Charlotte's future and what is yet to come. So it won't be pretty for you guys if this is what you want to know, but based solely on what is in the press, it's going to be a tough slog if you try to wait it out.

Old 11-17-2010, 05:26 PM

Here is a heads up on an article I will be posting in the Vuebuyer blog tomorrow.

Trump Project Refunds Money - WSJ.com

Old 11-17-2010, 05:50 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,697,656 times
Quote:
Here is a heads up on an article I will be posting in the Vuebuyer blog tomorrow.

Trump Project Refunds Money - WSJ.com
I think you're missing a more important one (about 3 days prior) in the Wall Street Jour. concerning the Federal discloure laws with buildings over (70?) apts.that are required and can be used for pruposes of getting dep. bk.

Old 11-17-2010, 06:08 PM

Pink Caddy, you may be right! Is this the article you are referring to?

Claiming No Loans, Buyers Balk on Large Queens Development, Sky View Parc - WSJ.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte