U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2010, 12:10 PM

7,103 posts, read 9,682,901 times

Advertisements

^^^^^^Yep, dats the one. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2010, 12:48 PM

8,689 posts, read 7,902,659 times
So what is the "disclosure document" that they failed to provide/file? Did the Vue developers file one?

Old 11-18-2010, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
So what is the "disclosure document" that they failed to provide/file? Did the Vue developers file one?
Hooligan--wait for his heart to stop beating so fast with the possibility that he is on to something and then when he catches his breath he may answer your question.

Old 11-18-2010, 06:48 PM

58 posts, read 89,037 times
Guys, I have been doing this now for several months. Lawyers have scrutinized these contracts at the costs of tens of thousands of dollars. I don't expect that the answer to all our problems will be found in a newspaper article. I do appreciate having it brought to my attention though!

But to answer the question, yes the Vue did provide a disclosure statement. If there were any flaws, no one has informed me of one as of yet. Maybe that will take tens of thousands of dollars more!

Old 11-19-2010, 03:02 AM

171 posts, read 277,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vuebuyer10 View Post
...I don't expect that the answer to all our problems will be found in a newspaper article. ...
This makes the presumption that you are somehow a victim. You are an investor in property who made an incorrect, some would say irrational judgment, on the future value of this property and are now seeking some legal trick in order to get out of it.

Old 11-19-2010, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryTwist View Post
This makes the presumption that you are somehow a victim. You are an investor in property who made an incorrect, some would say irrational judgment, on the future value of this property and are now seeking some legal trick in order to get out of it.

Cherry Twist--it would certainly look that way, however, from a personal viewpoint I don't find anything wrong with that. We all make big bad mistakes in life at one time or another and many of us seek a remedy. Don't we??

Old 11-19-2010, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink caddy View Post
..... We all make big bad mistakes in life at one time or another and many of us seek a remedy. Don't we??
Sure we all make mistakes. The question is in taking responsibility for having made the mistake. In this case, the party making the mistake seeks to shift the problem onto someone else, namely the investors who loaned money to build the project.

Which investor is at fault and who should pay?

Old 11-19-2010, 10:53 AM

58 posts, read 89,037 times
It is easy to pontificate as CherryTwist is doing, and I am not saying that CherryTwist is wrong. The buyers did sign a contract. There is some ambiguity though in the contract. To many buyers, they signed a contract that said if they do not close on their unit, they forfeit their deposit. If those turn out to be terms, and their deposits are forfeited, they will have paid a large price. Yes, the investors will now be holding the unit, but that is the contract that they signed as well.

Old 11-19-2010, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vuebuyer10 View Post
It is easy to pontificate as CherryTwist is doing,......
You are posting your trials and tribulations on an internet forum and inviting comment, i.e. pontifications as you are calling them. You even took our "pontifications" and posted them on your blog as your content so I am not sure why you add the criticism now. Maybe it's because you don't like the message.

If the contract was ambiguous then it would seem to me that spending 1000s of dollars on lawyers who are fine combing them for any technicality is a wasted effort. Ambiguous contracts can be arbitrated in front of a judge.

Old 11-19-2010, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryTwist View Post
. Ambiguous contracts can be arbitrated in front of a judge.
Or they could be thought out in advance of the court appperance with a statergy or plan so as to exit with the least amount of pain. Right or wrong? Tell me, how many times should one "pay for" a mistake? You and C. Jack seem to think once you sign a so called "contract you must own up to the final conseqences. Not true. Why? Because, both side have an agenda. And if that agenda is not right for BOTH sides well. . . . we don't have a deal. Plain and simple. That's why they wrote "it's not over until the fat lady in Charlotte sings her last song". I'm sure you have heard that expression before??

CT--why are you opposed to someone trying to save themselves from financial ruin?? (believe me I don't have a horse in this race but I need to understand where you're coming from)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte