Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2010, 05:16 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,717,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink caddy View Post
My, my ,CJ...very touchy on the subject of honor, pledge to the flag, and no hitting below the belt, aren't you?
First question: What world you come from?---Well two or three worlds. First and foremost, as you well know I am, and have been, a real estate investor in four states in the U.S.(NC included) for many years.I am very familiar with contract law and the law of ethics. The second world is really not for discussion here as I have businesses in a third world country that even I DON'T understand b/c they don't deal in the "rule of law". And the third world I deal in is logic, reason, and how to survive to play the game another day. Again, this is not the subject title, so I won't bore you and the rest of the members of C-D with what I think about bankers, developers, creditors, The Fed, lawyers, broken contracts, honesty, and on and on.

Your statement "If you're going to get sarcastic. . .etc." It's clear to me you just don't get it. As far as "you'll get it right back " please, save your typing and breath for someone else as putting the "same old same old theme here is downright boring and I really need to get back to the cartoon channel.

Enjoy the rest of your evening and try to understand that ppl. might have a different take on this subject that's not set in concrete as yours seem to be.
je
believe me, not touchy at all....you come in on the tail end of the thread and start telling making some rediculous comparisions to jesus on the cross which I guess you tried real hard to be funny????

You're usually better than that....Anyhoo, thanks for your contributions to the thread......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2010, 05:53 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,696,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
believe me, not touchy at all....you come in on the tail end of the thread and start telling making some rediculous comparisions to jesus on the cross which I guess you tried real hard to be funny????

You're usually better than that....Anyhoo, thanks for your contributions to the thread......
Capital "J" please.Wasn't trying to be funny at all. Basic facts used for illustrating my point. "Coming in on the tail end"? Is there a penalty for late responses on contacts that were signed when they used quill pens and BEFORE the biggest real estate crash in our history? Remember the days when you couldn't consider walking? Now, one asks their forum members "what do you think?" Heck, I didn't even give you my opinion, did I? No, all you see is Pink Caddy coming to the table on "the tail end".
And no,I am not qualified to give expert advice on this members question.

But, here is how, if it were me, I would tackle the problem.I would draw up a list or "what I could live with as far as consequenses in my life down the road as a result of an unfavorable finding. I would draw up a list of "what I can't live me" as a result. I would then reread the lists while I am in different moods over a period of several days just to insure I didn't make the lists while in a non-rational mood swing.

Next step would be to find the absolute best real estate lawyer I could find. Check his references, not here, but a site that is devoted to this type of work.I would go to him with every scrap of paper and detail that one could imagine.Not just the contract, but original promo materials, emails, conversations with the developer of all types. Were there meeting, newspaper articles ?and one and on. I would put it together in a very organized book and present my case to the expert with the proviso that my "lists" are of great importance with any proposals he will present to me.

I don't know of any other way to solve this problem.And maybe I'm the only one that feels that way. Certainly, your advise and message should be taken for what it's worth, but it's only one piece of free advise and since OP asked for it he got it. But, you're trying to set it in stone.That's all I'm trying to get across.

Y'all have a good day and sorry I was late.
JE

Old 11-01-2010, 08:19 AM

171 posts, read 317,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pink caddy View Post
Quite honestly, I don't see a big difference between them and ppl. walking from their houses in a foreclosure which BTW our current government feels is more or less OK.Then again what our goverment feels about levelving playing fields(quite different than my views) is for other forum boards.
pink caddy
Well... A foreclosure is a specific process that has been baked into US law concerning a party not paying on the mortgage of a home. At this time, the USA does not allow debtor prisons, so yes, if you don't pay, you lose the right to stay in the house. Many states, allow additional remediation (lawsuits) for strategic defaulters.

The Vue pre-sales situation is not a credit situation and thus isn't the same issue. It was a private contract that involved a promise to pay a builder X amount if that builder would construct the property. So the builder has constructed the property and now the people who made the promise want to back out because their expectations of property appreciation did not pan out. Apparently the contract did not allow any for any contingencies. (

These are not equivalent situations unless you are saying that all contracts in the USA can now be broken without penalty because the banking industry is so screwed up and and payed off all politicians to give them endless concessions.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryTwist View Post

These are not equivalent situations unless you are saying that all contracts in the USA can now be broken without penalty because the banking industry is so screwed up and and payed off all politicians to give them endless concessions.
They are equivalent situations when you consider the current attitudes of "walking" and "what will happen to me if...etc". I think you know what I mean.

Now, regarding the second part of the referenced statement, about the banking industry and endless concessions, I need to think about that a while b/c MAYBE that's what was really on my mind. Don't know.

Old 11-02-2010, 05:20 AM

58 posts, read 101,039 times
If you read the Vuebuyer.wordpress blog today you will see what the 178 units contracted for up until Aug 2007. This will give CouponJack and others another opportunity to get on their soapbox and pontificate about how greedy and stupid the buyers of the Vue Charlotte were.

Old 11-02-2010, 05:48 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,717,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vuebuyer10 View Post
If you read the Vuebuyer.wordpress blog today you will see what the 178 units contracted for up until Aug 2007. This will give CouponJack and others another opportunity to get on their soapbox and pontificate about how greedy and stupid the buyers of the Vue Charlotte were.
lol, since YOU keep throwing the first shot over the bow, its already established that unfortunately this is a hard lesson learned for people who try to make a quick buck on real estate, and bought the kool-aid of the NAR and others that real estate is supposed to double its value every six years....(I do remember way back in 2005-06 the NAR had that line on their website....)

Old 11-02-2010, 05:57 AM

CJ, if we don't have a sense of humor, life gets a lot tougher. I am glad to see yours is intact. I am trying to maintain mine as well, but this transaction has definitely tested it limits. <g>

Old 11-02-2010, 06:31 AM

171 posts, read 317,426 times
Quote:
I did look at this blog once otherwise, I've got no reason to read it. However when I did, I noticed how you copied our responses here, word for word, as part of your blog posts over there. I've never called anyone greedy and stupid, but man, you are not doing yourself any favors in the credibility dept.

I would say that if you don't like how things are going here, then you stick to your blog as misery does love company. Otherwise, expect the people here to tell it like they see it, and not as you desire it to be.

Old 11-06-2010, 05:25 AM

Folks, on Friday the VUE Charlotte had a 1MM cash sale for a unit on the 33rd floor. By all accounts this unit sold for way over what the unit would have appraised at. I am looking for an appraiser that would be able to help me understand how this sale will or should factor in to future appraisals done in the building. Any help would be appreciated!

Old 11-06-2010, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Folks, on Friday the VUE Charlotte had a 1MM cash sale for a unit on the 33rd floor. By all accounts this unit sold for way over what the unit would have appraised at. I am looking for an appraiser that would be able to help me understand how this sale will or should factor in to future appraisals done in the building. Any help would be appreciated!
Since it was a "cash" sale, one that does not require a bank, or anyone for that matter, to get an appraisal, why do you feel the information you're looking for is important? I guess your're thinking that one last sale might skew the whole picture? I don't think that would do it (certainly can be wrong) but I can think of a number of reasons why somneone would make a purchase like that. Since that's not the question you asked I'll refrain from giving my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte