Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 09:33 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,359,138 times

Advertisements

I am sick, sick about this And angry too - damn sex offenders, they don't deserve to breathe the same air as the rest of us

I was praying that if she were dead she'd at least be found for her family's sake. My heart breaks for them.

Everyone be on the lookout for that white chevy blazer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2010, 10:33 AM

1,343 posts, read 3,321,331 times
Sex Offender Details Page - NY DCJS

Old 09-19-2010, 10:44 AM

3,576 posts, read 10,613,891 times
Wow, that's terrible. I was really hoping it would turn out differently. One of those times when you feel ashamed just for being a guy.

Old 09-19-2010, 10:54 AM

23,809 posts, read 34,461,808 times
He's probably out of state by now. I hope that this gets picked up nation-wide.

For some odd reason, for several years before I moved here, an astounding number of criminals wanted in Charlotte were picked up in Philadelphia & South Jersey. I hope that KYW AM radio picks this up. It's a strong signal all-news station & at night is a clear-channel & reaches most of the country.

Old 09-19-2010, 12:36 PM

1,076 posts, read 2,357,916 times
Well this is very interesting. I realize this happened in Charlotte but there have been 2 reports in Waxhaw recently about a white truck, thought to be an Explorer in family friendly neighborhoods. In one event, there was 2 african american people in the front of the truck and a caucasion in the back seat. They tried to lure a young boy into the vehicle. His brother saw it and yelled for his little brough to come back towards him on his bicycle. The other report was from a mother whose daughter was playing with friends when a white truck had been seen circling a neighborhood and when the daughter left to ride her bike home, the car slowly followed and eventually tapped her rear tire with his car. She almost lost her balance. Friends came around the corner, and the truck sped off. I hope they are not related. Both were reported but a tag had not been talken down so Union county sheriff was unable to move forward. I'm so sorry to hear about this incident. My heart goes out to her family.

Old 09-19-2010, 08:39 PM

554 posts, read 1,500,933 times
Strange. Not to start a riot or scare anyone unnecessarily but my boyfriend and I were just talking about this because we've been hearing/seeing some weird things....

First my neighbor told me that there were 2 guys in a white truck that came through our apartment complex that looked shady. Apparently they just circled the area and then left but it spooked her enough to let our staff know about it (this was before Valerie's disappearance). Then when I took a walk with my dog, I saw 2 guys in a white truck (it was a minivan though) driving really slow and staring at me, they did the same thing...they drove through the complex and then just left. These things are probably just nothing....but it weirded me out; I knew it was probably me just being paranoid since it was the first day I heard about Valerie's disappearance that I saw these guys starting at me in this minivan. Anyway, I ended up telling my boyfriend about it and he told me that he heard from someone at his work that a couple of guys in a minivan were taking women and raping them at the arboretum shopping center. I looked it up online and couldn't find anything so it could easily just be a rumor but with all this talk it has me freaked out none the less....anyone else hear of anything like this going on?

Old 09-19-2010, 08:46 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,117,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaEve011 View Post
a couple of guys in a minivan were taking women and raping them at the arboretum shopping center.

Everybody needs to calm down. This is hysteria taking over common sense. Be alert, report that which is actually suspicious, and try to avoid the minivan at the arboretum.

Old 09-19-2010, 08:53 PM

1,513 posts, read 3,343,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaEve011 View Post
Strange. Not to start a riot or scare anyone unnecessarily but my boyfriend and I were just talking about this because we've been hearing/seeing some weird things....

First my neighbor told me that there were 2 guys in a white truck that came through our apartment complex that looked shady. Apparently they just circled the area and then left but it spooked her enough to let our staff know about it (this was before Valerie's disappearance).
I realize there are many white trucks, but a few weeks ago several of our neighbors reported a white truck also suspiciously driving around our neighborhood (very near you). I am pretty sure someone got a plate and reported it to 911 (at least that's what we encouraged them to do). So at least that white truck is on record somewhere.

Do you have a neighborhood watch program? We are starting one currently.

Old 09-19-2010, 10:32 PM

554 posts, read 1,500,933 times
No we don't but that's a really good idea. You can never be too careful!

Old 09-19-2010, 11:03 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,359,138 times
I have been so disturbed by this turn of events that I doubt I'll even be able to sleep tonight.

Kidnap, rape and murder of your child is right up there with the worst nightmare any parent can have.

I am so angry I could spit. I even had my husband take me out to Stone Mt today after I heard the news so that I could use up all anger and disgust by physically exhausting myself making that near vertical climb right to the top.

Yeah, now my body is really tired, but my brain just can't relax. Maybe it's because I have kids in this age group (one of whom frequents Plaza Midwood every week). Or maybe it's just because as a mom you can't NOT think about the severe pain the parents must be enduring - I don't know. This is just one of those events you wish you never had to hear of happening.

And when they catch and convict this b@stard - I know I could line up to pull the switch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte