U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 01:31 PM

554 posts, read 1,315,334 times

Advertisements

Missing woman is police chief's daughter - WBTV 3 News, Weather, Sports, and Traffic for Charlotte, NC-

So sad...this young girl worked at my daughter's preschool. Please keep her in your prayers and hope she shows up safe....

***Also, for those looking to move here, please don't let this scare you or make you think that Charlotte is an unsafe city to live in- these kind of things happen everywhere and this is rare here just as it would be if you heard it happening anywhere; however, we do live in a city and to be walking alone or leaving with someone you don't know well is unsafe and not smart....my heart goes out to her family who is living in a nightmare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2010, 01:51 PM

45,269 posts, read 88,516,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaEve011 View Post
Missing woman is police chief's daughter - WBTV 3 News, Weather, Sports, and Traffic for Charlotte, NC-

So sad...this young girl worked at my daughter's preschool. Please keep her in your prayers and hope she shows up safe....

***Also, for those looking to move here, please don't let this scare you or make you think that Charlotte is an unsafe city to live in- these kind of things happen everywhere and this is rare here just as it would be if you heard it happening anywhere; however, we do live in a city and to be walking alone or leaving with someone you don't know well is unsafe and not smart....my heart goes out to her family who is living in a nightmare.
Been praying for her and her family since I heard the news last night.

The family must be just frantic.

The noon news said she was last seen with an unidentified male. CMPD has been at her apartment since last night, I'm scared of what we'll eventually hear they have found there

Old 09-17-2010, 02:35 PM

3,071 posts, read 7,715,463 times
Quote:

Yo Its not all that rare........There are lots of places in charlotte that are not safe for a man or woman at night.

Old 09-17-2010, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
Yo Its not all that rare........There are lots of places in charlotte that are not safe for a man or woman at night.
But very rarely does a person in Charlotte just completely disappear like this young woman

Old 09-17-2010, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
But very rarely does a person in Charlotte just completely disappear like this young woman
\

thanks loves, thats what I meant...not that there aren't places in Charlotte that aren't safe, but that it's rare for something like this to happen!

Old 09-17-2010, 06:49 PM

Quote:
\

thanks loves, thats what I meant...not that there aren't places in Charlotte that aren't safe, but that it's rare for something like this to happen!

No problem, it was pretty obvious what you meant

Old 09-17-2010, 07:18 PM

3,071 posts, read 7,715,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Of the over 3500 missing person reports in Charlotte last year only about 10 involved foul play. Its the ones like kyle Fleischmann still missing since 2007 that scare the late night bar hoppers.

Old 09-17-2010, 09:06 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,586,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
Of the over 3500 missing person reports in Charlotte last year only about 10 involved foul play. Its the ones like kyle Fleischmann still missing since 2007 that scare the late night bar hoppers.
I agree with what your saying both People deserve the respect as those those two are missing cases. We might be under a kid-snap alert this could be a serial kidnap & killer on the loose who knows where in Charlotte will be next.
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/coastal-north-carolina/"]Coastal [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/western-north-carolina/"]Western [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/charlotte/"]Charlotte [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/york-lancaster-counties/"]York & Lancaster[/URL]

[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html"]Terms of Service. No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks[/URL]

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 09-17-2010 at 09:30 PM..

Old 09-19-2010, 06:05 AM

2,447 posts, read 6,653,718 times
Missing woman's body found; murder warrant issued (http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/09/19/1704091/missing-womans-body-found-murder.html - broken link)

She was found in a storage unit.. A warrant is out for the man she was last seen with. He was last seen in a white 1996 Chevrolet Blazer, with N.C. tags ZXE-1756.

Old 09-19-2010, 07:18 AM

Ohhh so sad. I wonder what happened...I wonder why she left with him and yet left her keys and purse in her own car. The police also suspected that she returned to her apartment after the bar, why would she have went back to her apartment? It doesn't make sense.

My heart goes out to her family! During one of the news stories covering her my daughter got up and pointed to the tv and said "Miss Val, I remember her. Miss Val's on TV!" So surreal that this has happened. I hope they find this guy soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte