U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2010, 07:16 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,228,446 times

Advertisements

Hello again, Charlotteans!

I've been loving checking out the city (via research, haven't been there just yet). Even if I don't get this job, I'm going to keep investigaing. I'm liking what I'm seeing!

That said: I'm an urban kind of guy. Love skylines, and city parks, etc. In your opinion, what is the swankiest and or nicest high-rise or mid-rise residences in Down Town? I look online, but what a website says can be vastly different from reality (ya know, they ARE trying to sell the place )

Again, I appreciate any answers and thank you for your time

I'm REALLY hoping for this job!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2010, 08:26 PM

255 posts, read 571,778 times
Wishing you the best of luck. Can't wait to move there myself.

Old 09-26-2010, 05:20 AM

343 posts, read 574,048 times
Default The Circle

If you don't need much SQFTage, The Circle is pretty nice. I have a friend that lives there that I visit.

That being said, the down side of it is, unless you like living like your back in college living in a dormroom. This place is not for you.

There are mostly right-out-of-college people living in this complex that got swooped up by the banking industry that like to still party every night.

My friend is in his early 40's and he says that was fun when he first moved there but gets old sometimes.

Old 09-26-2010, 05:24 AM

343 posts, read 574,048 times
Default Trump is coming

Another thought for ya,

I am looking forward to the Trump Tower being built here. Not sure of your age but I believe the Trump Tower will be a little bit more grown up, not the after-college, dormrooom type living.

Old 09-26-2010, 09:37 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,228,446 times
Thanks! I will check out the Circle. Frat house doesn't bother me, as long as I have my corner away from it (my place here in Tampa that I just moved out of was like that and I loved it. I was the "cool uncle" to most of the kids). As far as Trump goes - those places are a little to gauche for my tastes, usually, though you never know.

Old 09-26-2010, 09:59 AM

1,474 posts, read 3,367,574 times
Check out Avenue, in Fourth Ward. A co-worker of mine lives there and has said they like the place. It is close to center city and Gateway Village, which is also a trendy area to live. Good luck and be sure to invite us to your move-in party....

Old 09-28-2010, 09:19 AM

3,423 posts, read 9,229,814 times
If you guys don't mind, I've got a few questions of my own on this topic. Looking forward to next year when I'll be looking to renew my current lease, I was thinking about the possibility of moving closer to uptown. I've never lived somewhere that was within a city, so I don't know what the experience is like.

Bearing in mind that my job is NOT uptown, would there be any benefits, tangible or intangible, to uptown living? I normally eat at home since I want to watch my diet. Where I am now I can easily walk to most everything I need, except for the entertainment venues. The rest are a short drive away, so that's not a problem. However, there's not a lot of socializing with the rest of the tenants. People have their own work schedules, families and friends, so I don't know if there's ever much chance of making friends in such a transient environment. Would that aspect be different?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte