Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2010, 06:05 AM
tmf tmf started this thread

14 posts, read 25,620 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I am looking for some advise on a possible move to the Mooresville area. Me and my wife have 2 children ages 4 and 3 so schools are important to us. We will be renting when we first come down so any ideas on where is a good place to rent for a family our size would be appreciated. The top concern is a safe neighborhood with the small town atmosphere, we are open to either apartment or house rental.
We are not completely committed to Mooresville but would like to stay north of Charlotte so any ideas are welcome.
As far as employment my wife will stay at home with the kids as she does now. I am looking for employment as a local Truck Driver any Ideas?
We will be relocating from the upstate New York area. Thank You in advance for all the help...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 06:59 AM

3,576 posts, read 10,652,237 times
Maybe I'm missing something here, but I think you might want to reconsider your options. Knowing what truck drivers get paid, and considering that they normally have to either lease, or somehow provide a place to park their truck on their own property, renting is probably not realistic.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:24 AM
tmf tmf started this thread

14 posts, read 25,620 times
local drivers do not take the truck home with them. I have drove locally for 10 years and never took truck home with me. You go to your place of employment get truck and then leave truck at place of employment after getting done for the day.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:44 AM

1,865 posts, read 5,376,082 times
Just an FYI...subdivision do not allow you to park your truck in front of your house, so that won't be a good option for you. As far as schools are concerned, the Mooresville Graded School District is your best option here. You would need to look more towards the east side of town to be within the MGSD.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:11 AM

23,813 posts, read 34,657,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmf View Post
Hello,
I am looking for some advise on a possible move to the Mooresville area. Me and my wife have 2 children ages 4 and 3 so schools are important to us. We will be renting when we first come down so any ideas on where is a good place to rent for a family our size would be appreciated. The top concern is a safe neighborhood with the small town atmosphere, we are open to either apartment or house rental.
We are not completely committed to Mooresville but would like to stay north of Charlotte so any ideas are welcome.
As far as employment my wife will stay at home with the kids as she does now. I am looking for employment as a local Truck Driver any Ideas?
We will be relocating from the upstate New York area. Thank You in advance for all the help...
You might want to check with Frito-Lay in Charlotte. I see trucks from Patrick Yarn in Kings Mountain, but don't know if they are long-distance or local. There are several trucking companies around Gastonia & Kings Mountain, but, again, don't know any particulars. These areas would not be convenient to Mooresville.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:14 AM

224 posts, read 458,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmf View Post
Hello,
There are plenty of businesses in the Mooresville
area that you may want to try to look at for work.
And there are plenty of rentals as well.
I would truly suggest you plan on making an
exploratory trip to scope out the job situation
and interview to try to line something up before
loading up your family to relocate.

That equates to: Rentals are easy...jobs are hard.

Last edited by kchenette; 09-27-2010 at 10:33 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte