U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2010, 06:33 PM

12 posts, read 26,099 times

Advertisements

We were able to visit the Charlotte area a few weeks ago and really loved the trees and established look of Lawson. Any other subdivisions fit that "look"? I felt like Lawson was a little far out there...seemed a distance to a mall, highways, etc. Is that true or did it just seem that way since we were all over with the agent? Budget approx. 350k. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2010, 06:50 PM

149 posts, read 245,157 times
I'm a fan of Lawson & actually keep pointing my cousins toward the neighborhood. I think it is so pretty with all the trees. It seemed as close as any other neighborhood to stuff. It's funny when we were trying to sell our home down there our neighborhood would always get lookers but they would buy in Lawson. The trees really make the neighborhood

Old 10-02-2010, 07:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,422 times
Berkeley is a great subdivision. Great location, excellent schools, close to shopping, 485, Ballantyne, Uptown, etc. Check it out.

Old 10-02-2010, 07:43 PM

45,269 posts, read 88,615,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa6103 View Post
We were able to visit the Charlotte area a few weeks ago and really loved the trees and established look of Lawson. Any other subdivisions fit that "look"? I felt like Lawson was a little far out there...seemed a distance to a mall, highways, etc. Is that true or did it just seem that way since we were all over with the agent? Budget approx. 350k. Thanks!
Did you see Providence Plantation? Very treed, very established

Old 10-03-2010, 06:57 AM

5,789 posts, read 8,440,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forevaNYka View Post
I'm a fan of Lawson & actually keep pointing my cousins toward the neighborhood. I think it is so pretty with all the trees. It seemed as close as any other neighborhood to stuff. It's funny when we were trying to sell our home down there our neighborhood would always get lookers but they would buy in Lawson. The trees really make the neighborhood
Your old neighborhood is probably a smarter buy long term. They have 1 ginormous tree! Then again, 350k for 3 sides vinyl is whacked.

Are "trees" the only requirement for the OP? Lawson is pretty far out there. Are you settled on Union County? If not you should take a look at loves' suggestion. If you are settled on Union County, I could make some other recommendations if you helped with other requirements / needs.

Old 10-03-2010, 08:11 AM

149 posts, read 245,157 times
The "TREEE" drew us in to the old neighborhood but the unkept properties helped us leave- along with lack of job ....

Is Lawson that far out anymore? I remember when I would take the kids to dance in Wesley Chapel there was a lot of building going on. Wesley Chapel Target shopping area with, Brooklyn Pizza, Hickory Tavern, Lowes Food Store, Chic Filet, Walgreens, Coffee Shop, Nail Salon, Dry Cleaners. The WCWAA ball fields are close too. Steps n motion dance studio and the gymnastics place on 16 depending on what your kids are into.Lots of horse riding stables also. Stonecrest & Blakney areas are really only about 10-15 minutes away too. The new schools are within walking distance as well.

I do like Providence Plantation too, really pretty area.

Old 10-03-2010, 09:24 AM

5,789 posts, read 8,440,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forevaNYka View Post
The "TREEE" drew us in to the old neighborhood but the unkept properties helped us leave- along with lack of job ....

Is Lawson that far out anymore? I remember when I would take the kids to dance in Wesley Chapel there was a lot of building going on. Wesley Chapel Target shopping area with, Brooklyn Pizza, Hickory Tavern, Lowes Food Store, Chic Filet, Walgreens, Coffee Shop, Nail Salon, Dry Cleaners. The WCWAA ball fields are close too. Steps n motion dance studio and the gymnastics place on 16 depending on what your kids are into.Lots of horse riding stables also. Stonecrest & Blakney areas are really only about 10-15 minutes away too. The new schools are within walking distance as well.

I do like Providence Plantation too, really pretty area.
Lawson is Cuthbertson schools and will tack on about 10min to civilization. You'd be more inclined to use the Wesley Chapel Target / Waxhaw Teeter then Blakeney/Stonecrest/Ballantyne since it takes 10min to hit Blakeney from "The TREEE" vs. realistically 20min from Lawson.

If you subscribe to "location, location, location" I think that 10 or so minutes in the further South schools makes a significant difference. I'd honestly rather be closer to Blakeney in Marvin Ridge schools, but that's personal preference. Now if you're inclined to get "more house" for your money out in the Cuthbertson cluster, you need to consider quite a few other developments besides Lawson. Quellin, Anklin Forrest, Champion Forest, etc - other all brick neighborhoods are what would make it possibly worth to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte