Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 06:25 PM

70 posts, read 374,973 times

Advertisements

BOOOOOHOOOO! One day of year to celebrate our Independence Day and all some of you can say is be considerate and worry about your pets. The whole idea of fireworks is to recreate what is what like when we got our freedom. If you can't take one day, get on a ship and go somewhere else.

Sorry, but it just peeeeeves me that people are so put off by fireworks when it is only ONE day a year! If you have morons who are doing them until 3AM, just put some ear plugs in and go back to bed.

With that said, :-) I love you all......can you tell me where the best place to buy illegal fireworks in SC is? I am moving to NC this summer and should start preparing for 7/4/2008!

Yeah, no one is going to tell me now that I've read you all the riot act!

Well, happy 4th to everyone!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2007, 07:03 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,266,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginamcd View Post
BOOOOOHOOOO! One day of year to celebrate our Independence Day and all some of you can say is be considerate and worry about your pets. The whole idea of fireworks is to recreate what is what like when we got our freedom. If you can't take one day, get on a ship and go somewhere else.

Sorry, but it just peeeeeves me that people are so put off by fireworks when it is only ONE day a year! If you have morons who are doing them until 3AM, just put some ear plugs in and go back to bed.

With that said, :-) I love you all......can you tell me where the best place to buy illegal fireworks in SC is? I am moving to NC this summer and should start preparing for 7/4/2008!

this isnt anything new it been the state law at least 35 plus years

just a fyi it against the law not only to shoot off those certain fireworks it is illegal to be in possesion or transporting them within the state.

I dont think it wize of you to be on this site promoting breaking the law nor do I think you want to be charged with possesion of an explosive device.

Old 07-03-2007, 07:05 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,204,499 times
ginamcd, Whoa, wait a second. No one put down celebrating our 4th of July. Our Independence Day!! I enjoy it as much as the next person. The fireworks are the best. But isn't that day the "4th" day of July????? Not a week BEFORE the 4th. As far as shooting off the illegal fireworks...why do you think they made them illegal?? Go figure!!!

Old 07-03-2007, 07:13 PM

872 posts, read 3,575,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
ginamcd, Whoa, wait a second. No one put down celebrating our 4th of July. Our Independence Day!! I enjoy it as much as the next person. The fireworks are the best. But isn't that day the "4th" day of July????? Not a week BEFORE the 4th. As far as shooting off the illegal fireworks...why do you think they made them illegal?? Go figure!!!

Because North Carolina is a nanny state. They have to protect us from our own stupidity.

Old 07-03-2007, 07:18 PM

it really to protect our enviroment from destroying our trees, our forests, our homes our grassland from catching fire. If it was base on protecting it from ourselves then they would have state ban on firearms and in several neighboring counties to mecklenburg it is ok to shoot off your fire arm in the air. Lincoln, Rowan, Davidson are few counties I do know it is allowed.

Old 07-03-2007, 08:35 PM

435 posts, read 1,809,092 times
Its not fun when people set houses on fire which has happened a couple of times in my neighborhood. Or when there is a drought & you can catch yards on fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginamcd View Post

Old 07-03-2007, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethebigcity View Post
Its not fun when people set houses on fire which has happened a couple of times in my neighborhood. Or when there is a drought & you can catch yards on fire.
another very good point and it possible it happen the other night in union county Investigators Want To Know If Firecracker Caused Union Co. Fire - Charlotte News Story - WSOC Charlotte

Old 07-04-2007, 08:30 AM

825 posts, read 2,808,861 times
Damage to homes and nature is one thing but it is tragic when an accident causes a loved one to be injured.

Charlotte Observer | 07/03/2007 | Girl, 3, recovering from fireworks mishap (http://www.charlotte.com/breaking_news/story/182956.html - broken link)

Be careful and be safe.

Old 07-04-2007, 08:55 AM

157 posts, read 528,143 times
I dont find the fireworks to be a big deal. Like the guy said. Its only once a year and as long as there isnt any homes being burned nor kids blowing their a%%es up; I would make a fuss out of this. I'm not one to snitch on people unless its a threat to me personally.

Old 07-05-2007, 10:07 AM
ADR

171 posts, read 515,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
BINGO!

I was fully prepared for fireworks in my neigborhood on July 4th it self and properly prepared my animals. But the idiots that shoot them off in my neighborhood the week before at 1030-1100 at night get to speak with the police if I get my way about it. I should go to there house when they are sleeping at 3 or 4 am and make loud, exsplosive noises outside there window and see how they like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte