U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2010, 09:19 AM

1,554 posts, read 2,921,607 times

Advertisements

There are tons of houses and neighborhoods along the Colony/Rea Road that are awesome homes, well within your price range and will get you into Myers Park. Loves, I appreciate your comments regarding MPHS, but the IB program and the AP classes are awesome and if a child does well in them, he or she can write their ticket to almost any school in the country. I've spent the past 2 months learning everything I can about those programs and that school and I am so impressed and excited about them.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2010, 09:55 AM

11,836 posts, read 25,432,978 times
Is that development the one next to the flea market on the SC side?

Old 10-06-2010, 10:16 AM

45,270 posts, read 88,302,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckles34 View Post
There are tons of houses and neighborhoods along the Colony/Rea Road that are awesome homes, well within your price range and will get you into Myers Park. Loves, I appreciate your comments regarding MPHS, but the IB program and the AP classes are awesome and if a child does well in them, he or she can write their ticket to almost any school in the country. I've spent the past 2 months learning everything I can about those programs and that school and I am so impressed and excited about them.
I understand and that's kind of what I said. IF your child makes it into the IB program or AP classes, then yes, Myers Park lives up to its hype.

HOWEVER, there is a large part of the school population not involved in those programs which does not do nearly as well academically as the WHOLE population of Ardrey Kell and Providence. When you look at the entire school population you can't beat these two high schools academically.

Additionally, the IB and AP kids are pretty segregated from the rest of the school population at Myers Park - it's like two schools in one. Therefore, it is very inaccurate to say the whole school is "the best" in Charlotte.

Old 10-06-2010, 10:19 AM

5,783 posts, read 8,411,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
OH NO - are we finally going to disagree about something???

Mikey, Myers Park is NOT the best high school in Charlotte UNLESS your child is in the IB program (only a handful of the students there are compared to the size of the whole student body) or in AP classes.

Academically you cannot beat Ardrey Kell and Providence when considering the ENTIRE student body
haha - plenty of people disagree with me, although there's nobody as nice as you or Ani about it! I did say arguably, but in retrospect, I should have said "best neighborhood" is Myers Park (i.e. South Charlotte).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Brooklyn_NYC View Post
With that said I guess my best bets for new construction would be M/I Homes Ardrey Woods development and Baxter Village in SC. Again you guys are great and I always appreciate the help. Hopefully I find a job in NC soon and finally make a decision on where to buy. Thanks again.
Oh my NO! Why would you think that?!

The new construction options in ALL the High Schools areas I listed are too long to list out! The signs out at every street corner on the weekends will give you some idea, but even then there are more then even that.

Pulte/Centex, Shea, Ryan, etc etc would all build you a home in these areas...

Old 10-14-2010, 01:20 PM

1 posts, read 779 times
I'm interested in Mccullough as well. Any data on demographics of that neighborhood?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte