Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2007, 05:08 PM

1 posts, read 2,710 times

Advertisements

Hello! My boyfriend and I have recently finished our schooling and are relocating to the Ballantyne area. We picked this area because it seems to be one of the safest around, and also close to our employment. We have heard many great things about it, but are wondering what type of nightlife there is in South Charlotte? We are both in our early twenties and are still looking to enjoy a relatively active social nightlife. Will we have to make the trip towards uptown Charlotte? We still enjoy the upbeat bar scene. Does the Ballantyne or surrounding South Charlotte area have a good social scene like this?

Also, we are moving into an unfurnished apartment and do not have much to bring with us. Any recommendations on reasonably-priced furniture stores? Or any other options available to help us cheaply furnish our apartment?

We move in a month and any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2007, 11:33 PM

348 posts, read 426,990 times
U really don't comment on what kind of "scene" you're into, but if I was in my early 20's, I think I'd find South Charlotte largely dull after a few weeks. There's plenty of interesting restaurants popping up with lovely bars to take advantage of, but if you're talking about clubbing, music, etc--you'll need to be heading uptown or NODA for that.

South Charlotte is mainly a place where families move to because, as you already said, it's safe. But, I guess it's all where you come from originally as well. I spent my 20's in NYC--so in comparison......well, I guess there really isn't any comparison. LOL! But now that I've got two little kids, South Charlotte suits me fine. Catch my drift?

What floats your boat, and maybe we can better direct you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte