Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2007, 05:10 PM

6 posts, read 36,782 times

Advertisements

I posted this on the SC thread, but I notice that a lot of people in the Fort Mill area use the Charlotte thread. So, I am posting it on this as well. Appreciate your comments! Thanks!

Baxter Village vs Other Subdivisions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would really like your opinions on moving into a planned community such as Baxter Village, versus a typical subdivision, such as Anchorage, in Tega Cay. We will be moving from the midwest to the Fort Mill, SC area sometime in the fall. We have 3 girls--twins entering 9th grade and another daughter entering 7th grade. Currently, we have a relatively large home (4600 sq ft) on 3 acres. Originally, when I started looking at subdivisions in the Fort Mill area, I focused on areas which offered comparable size homes and lots sized at least 1/2 acre (such as Anchorage).

I stumbled across Baxter Village and fell in love with the concept. However, the prices of the larger homes seem high ($550K) for the square footage and lot size.

I guess I would like to know the advantages of living in Baxter compared to a typical subdivision. I know everyone says that the community in Baxter is so friendly. This sounds very appealing to us--our kids have never lived in a subdivision, and they are looking to make new friends right away.

Here are some of my questions:
1. Are there a lot of teenagers in Baxter, or mainly elementary school-aged kids?
2. Does it get annoying having your neighbors so close to you?

I can't imagine living on such a small plot of land, however, I am relishing the idea of not having to do much yard work.

Are other subdivisions as friendly and welcoming as Baxter? Can anyone recommend some subdivisions to look at? Our price range can go up to $650K, but of course, would love to buy something for less if possible
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2007, 07:07 AM

4,139 posts, read 11,490,650 times
Can you come down a take a closer look with the family?

We prefer areas not like Baxter because we prefer some privacy (DH calls Baxter the Stepford Wives area.) But that is a personal preference.

We had some people over to the house this last weekend who live in Ft. Mill and they were lamenting that they could not afford a home in Baxter and really wanted to live there.

So, it really depends on what kind of area you want.

Dawn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte