U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 01:59 PM

147 posts, read 445,836 times
Question Second Chance Apartment: Info Needed Please

No criminal history. Due to a bad roomate situation needing a second chance apartment that works with evictions. Anyone know of any in Charlotte? Any help would do on some names of complexes. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2010, 02:15 PM

44,311 posts, read 54,771,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApostolicFlightAttendant View Post
No criminal history. Due to a bad roomate situation needing a second chance apartment that works with evictions. Anyone know of any in Charlotte? Any help would do on some names of complexes. Thanks.
Your best bet really is to find a property owner on Craigs List - they will be more likely to work with someone in your situation than an apt complex will be. Just surf Craig's List for townhomes and condo's. And best of luck!

Old 10-10-2010, 02:18 PM

True but with so many scams on Craigslist lately, was really looking for an apartment community so that I dont have to weed out all the scams on craigslist. However you DO have a valid point.

Old 10-10-2010, 06:21 PM

200 posts, read 519,224 times
I am a regional manager in the apartment industry and I can tell you that it is going to be very difficult for you to find a place that is willing to work with an eviction. That is typically the number one reason, next to a felony conviction, that communities will not rent to you. It is extremely unfortunate that you had a bad roommate situation, but that can be pretty much impossible to prove - not to mention that you were still legally responsible for what happened to the apartment.

I do agree that going with a private owner is your best option - but let me ask you this: How long ago was this eviction? Also, are you paying the debt owed to the community that you were evicted from?

Old 10-10-2010, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegeek74 View Post
I am a regional manager in the apartment industry and I can tell you that it is going to be very difficult for you to find a place that is willing to work with an eviction. That is typically the number one reason, next to a felony conviction, that communities will not rent to you. It is extremely unfortunate that you had a bad roommate situation, but that can be pretty much impossible to prove - not to mention that you were still legally responsible for what happened to the apartment.

I do agree that going with a private owner is your best option - but let me ask you this: How long ago was this eviction? Also, are you paying the debt owed to the community that you were evicted from?

Yes I am paying on the eviction however they WILL NOT provide proof that I am paying on the eviction until it is fully paid (talk about a mean and surly collection agency) so it looks as though nothing is being paid until I fully pay it off.

Last edited by ApostolicFlightAttendant; 10-10-2010 at 06:33 PM..

Old 10-10-2010, 06:36 PM

I never implied that you had a felony - please re-read my post. I stated regarding an eviction on your record: "That is typically the number one reason, next to a felony conviction, that communities will not rent to you."

Regardless...if you are making payments on your eviction, I would hope that you are obtaining a receipt for each of these payments. This would be the proof that you need to show that you are working to pay this balance off. You have the right to request a receipt and the current balance due in writing at any time.

Again - how long ago was your eviction? I ask because some places are more open to work with you if it was over three years ago.

Old 10-10-2010, 06:39 PM

I apologize I re-read your post.

Its been 1.5 years now. They advised me NO RECEIPT will be given until it is fully paid (and all of this was voluntarily told to me when I opted to make a payment arrangement).

Regardless, I know a Man who is greater and will assist me in this circumstance. Thanks for all the advice thus far.

Old 10-10-2010, 06:42 PM

4,753 posts, read 3,858,738 times
I find it hard to believe that they can legally refuse to give you a receipt/statement of some sort for the payments you make.

Old 10-10-2010, 06:43 PM

The only other thing that I can say is that you are entitled to a receipt for any payment that you make. I would consult an attorney right away to contact them because at any time they could just say that you never made any payments.

Good luck on your search.

Old 10-10-2010, 06:44 PM

The receipt issue is not up for debate nor do I want this thread hijacked talking about receipts for collection agencies. All I wanted in the most humble way possible was to get complexes that will work with me. Thats all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte