Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 03:50 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,468,260 times

Advertisements

Well, I have been a foster parint and a safe house for kids from Eastern Europe who had aged out and were looking for permanent homes.Not easy but very rewarding.

I do think that most of us seeing a child with a prosthetic leg being forced to climb hills, would have reacted strongly. I also think that most of us would agree that spanking a kid until your hand hurt has to be wrong. But this was not just any kid. She had bone cancer makig all of her bones more fragile.

I do not get this and it is sickenining.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2010, 06:17 PM

1,343 posts, read 3,336,675 times
So Adam Baker goes on TV, all weepy, and says, "There's no way I would do that to my baby,"

ok, help us out... what DID happen?

Did a stealth killer sneak into your house, murder Zahra and throw her body into the wood chipper? If so, wouldn't you report that to the police so you could find her killer? Oh, you didn't know her remains were in the leaf pile, and you dropped it off in different locations because you knew you were dumping illegally, but you had no idea Zahra's remains were in there. Was that it? Is that how your wife knew where to look? She thought you guys were just dumping leaves. And what about the prosthetic leg? What are those things made of? Is it a material that might damage the blades of a wood chipper? How would the secret stealth killer know that? I mean, COME ON! If you are going to deny involvement in your child's murder at least give us a theory. Throw us a bone, man! (sorry)

Old 11-17-2010, 09:59 PM
am2

413 posts, read 856,517 times
Thats a shame that poor little girl had to die like that. Who ever killed her, somebody should just go and whack him, or her......

Old 11-17-2010, 11:09 PM

I think Adam Baker is living an illusion.
He is in deep denial, always was about Elisa. His fanily back in Australia saw that something was wrong.
But he chose not to look,

Old 11-18-2010, 05:36 AM

2,445 posts, read 7,453,009 times
I don't think he's that innocent; I don't think he is in denial, I think he is lying. He knew Elisa was abusing Zahra and perhaps he was too. Most likely he was the person that dismembered Zahra and scattered her remains.

Old 11-18-2010, 04:27 PM

I think she killed her while beating her.
And I agree that he dismembered her.
Both scattered her remains.
BOTH MAKE ME SICK!
and he is lying now I agree, but I think he didn't really want to kill her nor did she because of the social security disability (SSD) check that I am almost certain they got each month.
I think Adam is a little dim witted and she led him around. SHE was the primary abuser I am sure of this.

Old 11-18-2010, 05:35 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,020,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I think she killed her while beating her.
And I agree that he dismembered her.
Both scattered her remains.
BOTH MAKE ME SICK!
and he is lying now I agree, but I think he didn't really want to kill her nor did she because of the social security disability (SSD) check that I am almost certain they got each month.
I think Adam is a little dim witted and she led him around. SHE was the primary abuser I am sure of this.
His interview the other night seemed very sketchy. The reporter flat out asked him if he dismembered her body. He just gave a casual no as his answer, as if he was declining something to drink. He seemed to not be feeling any pain at all. Granted I'm sure he has now been asked this dozens of times by the police and media and everyone deals with tragedy differently, but I would be sick to my stomach if anyone ever asked me about dismembering a child.

Old 11-25-2010, 10:02 PM

2,618 posts, read 3,148,515 times
Obviously, 1 or both (probably both) of them know the whole story. Time for intense interrogation. No, it won't bring the child back, too late for that. But her family & friends deserve to know the truth. Society needs to know the truth so that maybe a future perpetrator can be spotted & stopped. Each of them should be questioned night & day. No sleep, no meals until they tell the whole story. Maybe the stepmom's children should be brought in for intensive questioning also. Didn't some of them say various things about her before? They may know at least part of the story.

Old 11-26-2010, 10:24 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,684,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmellc View Post
Obviously, 1 or both (probably both) of them know the whole story. Time for intense interrogation. No, it won't bring the child back, too late for that. But her family & friends deserve to know the truth. Society needs to know the truth so that maybe a future perpetrator can be spotted & stopped. Each of them should be questioned night & day. No sleep, no meals until they tell the whole story. Maybe the stepmom's children should be brought in for intensive questioning also. Didn't some of them say various things about her before? They may know at least part of the story.
This whole thing was awful. It was horrible & grizzly, but nothing new, really. I'm currently working on the real story of the murder of a child after tremendous abuse by a step-parent, over one hundred years ago.

The abuse here was reported but fell through the cracks, which is also not new. They should jail both the father & stepmother for the crimes that they can prove against them. They can work on the rest, later. It will all come out eventually.

Old 11-28-2010, 07:33 PM

1,039 posts, read 3,005,303 times
Any parent who does not put their child first has failed as a parent. If a child is being physically abused, hit, hurt, bruised, locked in rooms as punishment; there is absolutely NO justifying not having been aware of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte