Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2010, 08:18 PM

2,445 posts, read 7,428,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Just read that the prevailing feeling among the locals is that Zahra's father killed her
That's been my gut feeling all along. I still believe the stepmom was equally involved. It's hard to imagine a parent doing such horrible things. This case is so sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2010, 12:40 AM

2,607 posts, read 3,123,514 times
The stepmom didn't talk much, or the search wouldn't have taken so long. If she'd told the whole truth, it seems the remains would have been found within a day or 2. Sounds to me like she strung authorities along, hoping to somehow get out of it, while giving some token cooperation. I agree the father had to be involved, at least in the coverup. That kind of abuse all along couldn't happen without him seeing at least some of it. But yes, I'm sure she is at peace now. Too bad she couldn't have had a better life on Earth. She sure tried hard enough.

Neal Boortz had a good point on his Friday show. Said people receiving the death penalty in Japan aren't told an execution date. They go to a cell and wonder each day if it's their last. They sweat each time a guard walks down the corridor and are relieved if he passes their cell. Boortz thought we should do that here, plus kill the murderer in the same way he killed the victim. A strangler gets strangled, etc. I agree, this is how we should do it. Zarha's dad and stepmom could be our first case.

Old 11-14-2010, 12:43 PM

8,875 posts, read 13,860,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmellc View Post
Neal Boortz had a good point on his Friday show. Said people receiving the death penalty in Japan aren't told an execution date. They go to a cell and wonder each day if it's their last. They sweat each time a guard walks down the corridor and are relieved if he passes their cell. Boortz thought we should do that here, plus kill the murderer in the same way he killed the victim. A strangler gets strangled, etc. I agree, this is how we should do it. Zarha's dad and stepmom could be our first case.
I agree with this 100%. But we have too many bleeding hearts in this country that think that this would be considered Cruel & Unusual punishment. Such a shame too.

Old 11-14-2010, 02:59 PM

Yes, you are right about that. I remember an occasion that I should have challenged someone on a comment.

I took my daughter and some classmates to a series of plays in Durham, a class trip. 1 of the plays was "Most Dangerous Game" where a reclusive old hunter lived on an island with a staff that did as he said. When a guy washed up on the island after a shipwreck, the hunter fed & clothed him, then informed him he was the guest of honor for a hunting party.

Skipping to the end, the man outsmarted "the Colonel", just as he was about to kill him with a pistol. He killed the hunter instead. When going out, a nearby kid said to his mom, "I'm glad the man beat the Colonel". The mom then said in a flower child voice "but he shouldn't have killed him, that didn't solve anything". I should have stepped over and asked her what the victim should have done instead. Is it somehow more honorable to let oneself be killed and the perpetrator be free to do it again? I hope the kid got some better advice somewhere.

Old 11-16-2010, 05:39 AM

From Mon news, it looks like the authorities have found Zarha's remains, or part of them. Seems her mother had been trying to find her in Australia, then only recently found out the father had brought her here.

The stepmother is asking for lowering of her bond, since she "cooperated". What a joke. RIP Zahra, sorry all this had to happen to you.

Old 11-16-2010, 10:42 AM

1,343 posts, read 3,324,052 times
You can see where this is going. Step mom and father are going to claim they didn't kill her, that she died either due to an accident or maybe they will even claim she died of cancer. They then panicked and disposed of her body. It may be very difficult to prove otherwise.

Old 11-16-2010, 12:52 PM

587 posts, read 1,620,190 times
According to the latest reports, the body was dismembered and disposed of in different areas. Hard to blame that on an accident, cancer, or anything else. What a joke - her wanting her bond lowered bc she cooperated. Hope she has a long, slow rot in jail.

Old 11-16-2010, 06:59 PM

1,497 posts, read 3,340,371 times
One thing I pondered as punishment would be a mandatory surgical procedure to place glass shards into their spines. Have them in so much nauseating pain , 24/7 , they would wish for death. Sentence them to spend the last days in prison in pain , bloodcurdling pain. That would be fitting punishment , IMO. They pass out , wake them up , keep them in pain!!

Old 11-16-2010, 08:53 PM

23,911 posts, read 32,232,721 times
I have been following this case and I just checked out this thread to see what the locals thought was going on.
This is one of the saddest and most tragic cases I have ever read about.
I will give all of you my take on this case -
I think that poor Zahra was killed in the course of a beating.
I do not think they wanted to kill her because they were out for themselves. I am quite certain that dad and step monster received an SSD check each month for Zahra. She was the meal ticket and rent check. I am just speculating but this is how it looks to me.

Elisa was jealous of all the attention received by Zahra due to her illness. Adam was enthralled by Elisa and viewed her treatment of the little girl through selective glasses. He was often at work leaving Z at home with E. She could say that she spanked her for this or that. The father could turn a blind eye to what was going on because he was hooked on Elisa (no accounting for some peoples taste)

If the dad really cared to Zahra he would have stayed in Australia where his daughter had been treated. Where her support system was and where health care was free.
Step monster lured him to the US.

I knew a family with a horrible step mother. They lived down the street from me when I was growing up. This horror of a woman worked the daughter like a rented mule and beat all three of the kids.
This was in the 70s in an upper middle class area. I hate to say this but some women can be very manipulative, and men can be fools when it comes to women.

I think it was an accident and some men are easily led. They panicked when she died and the parents pulled a Jon Benet Ramsey - ran interference by setting fires, writing ransom notes and finally feeding Zahara's poor battered body to a wood chipper.

I think the step witch may have beaten the child with the prosthetic leg.

I'll bet anyone of us on this thread would have taken that little girl into our arms and into our homes.
This is just so so sad...

Old 11-17-2010, 05:11 AM

587 posts, read 1,620,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I'll bet anyone of us on this thread would have taken that little girl into our arms and into our homes.
I actually think your scenario is likely pretty accurate, but I disagree that any one of us would have taken that little girl into our homes. If that were true, we'd all be foster parents and I'll bet none of us are. Let's face it, when we have the truth about a horrible situation shoved in our face - when the child has a story, a face, and a name that we hear the details over and over so that we feel some connection with this child - we think we would have done something. There are countless children out there that are being abused and neglected in ways just as horrific as this child suffered, and because we aren't privy to the details of the individual child's case, we don't step up to help (I am including myself in the "we"). Maybe this case will bring out some good potential foster parents to add into the system.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte