Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2010, 08:52 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,456,919 times

Advertisements

Hey folks. I've been going into Charlotte a lot lately to do some job searching. I was wondering if someone could give me a verbal map of Charlotte. So far what I've figured out is that:

At the intersection of Trade and Tryon, there is a big gear-like statue in front of the Bank of America Plaza. The Epicenter is across at the diagonal and starts with a flight of stairs. Then, within the BOA Plaza, there is a long runway of alternating wood and stone, with Einstein Bros., McDonald's, some place that smells like tortillas, and 2 Starbuckses, one stand-up and one sit-down. The sit-down one is a bit farther away from the rest of the cluster, and is inside two glass doors. On the way there there's a guy who's trying to get into college by selling donuts.

In another part of the BOA Plaza, there's a lower floor with a lot of granite tiling and there's usually a piano in the center, and some benches and tables. On the upper floor there's sort of a walkway that runs along the perimeter and there you can go to the actual Bank of American. There's also a cafe called Taste.

If you go down streets like Elizabeth Ave, 3rd and 4th, which becomes Randolph Road, you get into the medical centers like CMC Mercy, Presbyterian, and OrthoCarolina. The signs in this area are brailled sporadically, but apparently 3rd Ave. is brailled as Elizabeth Ave., which I'm not sure if that's because it's two names for the same road or a mistake, or the intersecting street. I know there are also audio signals but those don't help me cause I'm deaf.

Can someone correct me where my mental map seems to be wrong and give me some more useful information? I can't look at a map cause I'm blind, but it would be nice to have the full loop on how to get in and out of big buildings like the BOA Plaza that seem to stretch for blocks in case I have to work there on a regular basis. I'm hoping this will help other blind posters too. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2010, 08:55 AM

I came across another area once where there were statues of office supplies like a stamp with an ear, a stamp with an eye, pencils, and seats made out of typewriter keys. This was right after coming out of a movie screening at some theater. Does anyone know where this is located in relation to the rest of Charlotte? Thanks.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:44 AM

2,353 posts, read 4,651,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
I came across another area once where there were statues of office supplies like a stamp with an ear, a stamp with an eye, pencils, and seats made out of typewriter keys. This was right after coming out of a movie screening at some theater. Does anyone know where this is located in relation to the rest of Charlotte? Thanks.
That is outside the Imaginon Children's Library, and home of the Children's Theater. That is 3 blocks north and 2 blocks east of BOA. The entrance with those statues is just east of the light rail tracks, off of 7th Street.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:24 PM

Thanks CharlotteGal. I love how everything in Charlotte is so close. I can walk everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: