U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2010, 10:13 AM

2,115 posts, read 6,449,859 times

Advertisements

Any referrals?

Thanks!

Old 10-20-2010, 11:57 AM

83 posts, read 190,280 times
I would recommend Arranda's Roofing. I don't have their info in front of me, but I believe they are based out of Concord, but do roofs all over the Charlotte area. I think I made a post about them before so maybe try to search Arranda's or Arrandos.

Regardless, they did a great job and the price was very good compared to what other neighbors paid for the size roof.

Old 10-26-2010, 08:45 AM

30 posts, read 136,472 times
As a general contractor I can save money when I build a house by using a inexpensive hispanic crew, instead I hire someone that I know and trust. He may hire hispanic crews to perform the work. But if the roof starts leaking in 8 months, you will have someone to call in order to have the leak repaired.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 10-26-2010 at 09:11 AM.. Reason: discussing mod action

Old 10-26-2010, 01:19 PM

I'm curious what exactly AdamGetchell meant in the post above.

I did hire Arranda's, yes they were a hispanic crew, but I was there when the work was done, they worked very hard and the roof has been done for almost two years now and I have not seen a single leak. And I have been up in my attic to check.

There are plenty of crews of many nationalities that will charge rates all over the board and do very bad work.

I was asked for a good referral and from my experience, Arrandas Roofing does a good job at a fair price. It wasn't free, it was fair.

Old 10-27-2010, 12:59 PM

3,071 posts, read 7,718,533 times
I would be sure that the company is licensed AND BONDED. That means all of the names of his workers must be available and verification that the workers can LEGALLY WORK can be done....Bonding companys dont bond people who cant work legally. You would not want a person who is wanted by the law to be on your property

Old 10-27-2010, 03:51 PM

471 posts, read 881,170 times
Exclamation Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamGetchell View Post
As a general contractor I can save money when I build a house by using a inexpensive hispanic crew, instead I hire someone that I know and trust. He may hire hispanic crews to perform the work. But if the roof starts leaking in 8 months, you will have someone to call in order to have the leak repaired.
I don't see anything bad with hiring a Hispanic crew.
Eskimos, on the other hand, I wouldn't want them working on my roof.

Old 11-01-2010, 01:04 PM

30 posts, read 136,472 times
I'm not saying anything about race. I just like to hire a roofing contractor that has been around for several years, who will stand behind there work. People come up to me on jobsites offering to roof/hang drywall/insulate etc. I may be able to save a couple hundred dollars and hire them, but instead I hire an established company, that will bill me, when work is completed, and will be there in 6months if my roof leaks and I need to call them back to fix a mistake.

Old 11-01-2010, 06:41 PM

2,115 posts, read 6,449,859 times
Good grief! Whenever I'm in need of a heaping dose of racism and negativity, this is the first place I stop.

I made a simple inquiry, figuring I'd seek referrals from people who had great experiences with their roofers. As far as verifying whether or not someone is licensed, insured, bonded, etc - that goes without saying.

Furthermore, the last time I checked, being Latino doesn't exclude you from doing quality work or having a reputable company and crew.

Get a grip, people.

Anyway, I chose a company. But good lawd, the owner is Black. Can't imagine what you all think of that.

Old 11-02-2010, 08:57 AM

Fair enough Adam.

For the sake of my recommendation- Arandas Roofing has in fact been around since 1998, they are insured and they do warranty all of their work.

They do have a hispanic name, they do use hispanic workers, but so do some great law firms in town.

Regardless, they did a great job, charged less than the closest competing bids and my roof has been great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte