U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 12:51 PM

3,117 posts, read 3,813,701 times

Advertisements

I found this article today - a few local towns are moving Halloween.

Some neighborhoods to celebrate Halloween early | Charlotte News, Weather, Traffic, Sports WCNC.com | Neighborhood News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2010, 01:35 PM

4,621 posts, read 5,175,560 times
If any kids knock on my door on a day other than the 31st...they aren't getting anything.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:03 PM

554 posts, read 852,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
If any kids knock on my door on a day other than the 31st...they aren't getting anything.
lol...love it. i feel you...it's halloween/fall celebration/whatever you want to call it...whatever it is, its on the 31st and any earlier than that is nuisance :-)

Old 10-21-2010, 10:12 PM

1,862 posts, read 3,341,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
I'm with you Tober. It's ridiculous! Like I've said before, what do they do when Halloween falls on a Mon., Tues., Wed. or Thurs.??? School's the next day & you see the kids out Trick-or-Treating & no one complains about it. Ridiculous. Thankfully, Mooresville is having Halloween on Halloween, as it should be.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:57 AM

1,504 posts, read 1,828,377 times
This is how many villages in Illinois do it, and people get used to it. We knew kids that did trick or treating a few different days simply b/c there were choices.

I love that Charlotte does it officially on Halloween, and I hope it does not change for us! This is how I grew up: on the real day of Halloween and after dark.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:57 PM

314 posts, read 753,450 times
It's going to be sad if I have to turn away kids and tell them to come back on the 31st.

Old 10-23-2010, 09:18 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,341,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstevens44 View Post
It's going to be sad if I have to turn away kids and tell them to come back on the 31st.
True, that would be sad. It's not the kids fault. I don't think I'll get too many kids on the 30th in my subdivision. I do have candy bags & bags of mini-pretzels made up already so I'm covered if I do. Now Halloween, that could be another story. I just found out that our HOA board has decided to let a local church hold an "event" on the common proprty near our pool on the 31st from 4pm-8pm. Prime Trick-or-Treating time. They're supposedly going to have bounce houses, magicians, free hot dogs, etc... I also heard it's going to be in announced in the newspaper. We get alot of traffic as it is on Halloween, don't know what kind of crowd we're going to get now. What I don't understand is why the church just doesn't hold it on their property, wht come here?

Old 10-30-2010, 06:39 AM

1,077 posts, read 1,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BxRosie View Post
True, that would be sad. It's not the kids fault. I don't think I'll get too many kids on the 30th in my subdivision. I do have candy bags & bags of mini-pretzels made up already so I'm covered if I do. Now Halloween, that could be another story. I just found out that our HOA board has decided to let a local church hold an "event" on the common proprty near our pool on the 31st from 4pm-8pm. Prime Trick-or-Treating time. They're supposedly going to have bounce houses, magicians, free hot dogs, etc... I also heard it's going to be in announced in the newspaper. We get alot of traffic as it is on Halloween, don't know what kind of crowd we're going to get now. What I don't understand is why the church just doesn't hold it on their property, wht come here?
You said it earlier in your post, because your neighborhood gets a lot of traffic anyways. Probably trying to reach out to some people that might not otherwise stop at their church perhaps? At least that's my guess! haha

Ok, so now I'm officially confused. The town of Mooresville is doing their Halloween thing downtown Saturday night and I know a couple of neighborhoods are doing things tonight as well. Ugh. Why can't everyone just stick to the 31st and quit trying to get cute with things?

Old 10-30-2010, 07:38 AM

4,282 posts, read 7,142,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tober138 View Post
if any kids knock on my door on a day other than the 31st...they aren't getting anything.
+1

Old 10-30-2010, 07:56 AM

841 posts, read 816,966 times
I know some of you disagree with the reasons for potentially moving Halloween, and I agree with you on those points, but for you to turn away a small child because you're making a point is beyond ruthless and mean-spirited.

You're going to close the door on a five-year-old who doesn't understand it? I'm just going to have the bowl ready for both nights. If I have to get up to answer the door on Saturday, it'll take me an extra 10 seconds to hand the child some candy. Beats leaving a child crying by shutting the door or giving their parents some indignant lecture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte