U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 04:07 PM

15 posts, read 70,469 times

Advertisements

Sorry if this is a repeat---Can someone recommend a Good local barbecue restaurant---NOT a chain. Visiting Charlotte area next week---appreciate your recommendations

Luke
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2007, 04:18 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,430,570 times
Links for you to some threads about this:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/searc...archid=1350173
http://www.city-data.com/forum/searc...archid=1350182

Old 07-05-2007, 08:35 PM

15 posts, read 70,469 times
both came back--->no match

Old 07-05-2007, 09:15 PM

718 posts, read 2,153,733 times
You have got to stop by BBQ King on Wilkinson Blvd. It is not a "BBQ" joint by definition, but they do have a great pulled pork sandwich. The place is really the attraction. It has the curbside service where you order and a man who has been working there forever brings your food out to you. Great onion rings and crushed ice. A great place to grab a quick lunch.

2900 Wilkinson Blvd
Charlotte, NC
704-399-8344

Old 07-06-2007, 06:09 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,430,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by futureVol View Post
both came back--->no match
Ok, sorry-- the point is use the search feature: type in "barbeque" and search Charlotte and also search "bbq" under Charlotte and a TON of threads come back.

Also agree with BBQ King, it was recently featured on the Food Network.

Old 07-06-2007, 08:07 AM

1 posts, read 3,886 times
I have a friend that works at Ebb's BBQ and it was recently featured on North Carolina Weekender. We will be going there this weekend to try it out. All accounts say it is excellent BBQ. The owners used to be competition barbequers and have a wall of trophies to prove it. My friend says they won first place at the Jack Daniels BBQ Competition which I hear is an invite only competition and big deal in the BBQ world. Anyway, 1st and 3rd Saturdays is rib night and you have to get there early, because it goes fast. Check out ebsbbq.com

I saw other posts in city-data that said Mac's Speed Shop on South Blvd. and Big Bob Gibson (Barbecue, barbecue ribs, food recipe, barbecue accessories, chicken wing sauce) were also great, but I haven't tried them myself.

Last edited by roamsai; 07-06-2007 at 08:17 AM..

Old 07-06-2007, 02:44 PM

550 posts, read 1,620,553 times
I went to Mac's recently - great place, cheap beer

Old 07-06-2007, 09:01 PM

7,780 posts, read 13,505,642 times
Try Greg's on Monroe Rd. On the Matthews/Charlotte border but great food.

Old 07-07-2007, 12:37 PM

2 posts, read 6,889 times
Default This is my Hometown

Hey FutureVOL (did I get that right?), About barbecue in Charlotte, my favorite place is Carolina Country Barbecue on Tyvola Rd. This is an area chain. Home is Gastonia and several other locations have opened. I think this location serves the best Western North Carolina barbecue. The best place for Eastern North Carolina barbecue is Bill Spoon's Barbecue on South
Blvd., not far from the Tyvola Rd. intersection.

The term "barbecue" means a lot of different things to a lot of people. Some people only want what they think is "real" barbecue. I grew up here in Charlotte (and ate lots of good barbecue), traveled around North Carolina (and ate lots of good barbecue), and went to school at East Carolina University in Greenville, N. C. (and ate lots of good barbecue).

There are some other barbecue places in and around Charlotte. I don't frequent them because of distance or traffic. To me, barbecue means pork,
slowly cooked over a hickory fire or hardwood charcoal. Barbecue chicken is one of my favorite patio meals.

Welcome to Charlotte!

Old 07-07-2007, 04:48 PM

718 posts, read 2,153,733 times
Gotta love those Carolina Country hushpuppies! I can taste them now. It is funny how the term BBQ is so widely used across the country. There in NC, I grew up with pork BBQ, there was nothing else. Out here in Texas, it is all about beef. Heck, in New Zealand, they use it as a term to cookout!

If you happen to want something a little bit different, go to Gastonia to either RO's or Black's BBQ. Their BBQ slaw is a condiment all to itself. Not a sauce and not a slaw, but goes great with a sliced BBQ sandwich!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte