Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 09:43 AM

156 posts, read 511,170 times

Advertisements

Actually, I am more of an Angie Harmon fan. I liked her on Law and Order.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2010, 10:05 AM

550 posts, read 1,807,876 times
Food Network magazine had an article about restaurants and what famous people go there. For one of them, the only celebs listed were Sarah Palin and Angie Harmon.... Obviously, people know who she is outside of this forum.

Old 10-28-2010, 10:27 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,603,990 times
If somebody see Angie Harmon, ask her why it sounds like she was karate chopped in the throat. I've always hated that "smoky" quality.

Old 10-28-2010, 11:02 AM

33 posts, read 77,452 times
I think I saw him propose to her on Letterman or Leno. That was the first time I had heard of either.

Old 10-28-2010, 11:54 AM

8,402 posts, read 24,215,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
If somebody see Angie Harmon, ask her why it sounds like she was karate chopped in the throat. I've always hated that "smoky" quality.
I like that voice in some women, as long as it wasn't actually caused by smoking. That's a deal breaker.

Old 10-28-2010, 02:09 PM

284 posts, read 605,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnp133 View Post
I think I saw him propose to her on Letterman or Leno. That was the first time I had heard of either.
I just saw this thread for the first time, and I remember that proposal being a big topic when that happened. But I'm waiting for a certain someone to chime in that appearing on Leno/Letterman, being on "Celebrity Week" on Wheel of Fortune, etc, etc does not qualify one as a "celebrity". After all, if you cannot name the products he endorsed and you potentially have not lived in the NYC "area", you certainly are not qualified to judge who does and who does not qualify as a "celebrity". Sorry, I know that my use of quotes is a little mocking, but every time that person posted I had to roll my eyes and chuckle. I'm chuckling to myself right now as I sit in LaGuardia airport watching two people who may or may not qualify as "celebrities". But I, for one, do not think reality TV counts. I'm actually afraid for myself that I recognized them. Hmmm.

Old 10-28-2010, 02:25 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,603,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator803 View Post
I just saw this thread for the first time, and I remember that proposal being a big topic when that happened. But I'm waiting for a certain someone to chime in that appearing on Leno/Letterman, being on "Celebrity Week" on Wheel of Fortune, etc, etc does not qualify one as a "celebrity". After all, if you cannot name the products he endorsed and you potentially have not lived in the NYC "area", you certainly are not qualified to judge who does and who does not qualify as a "celebrity". Sorry, I know that my use of quotes is a little mocking, but every time that person posted I had to roll my eyes and chuckle. I'm chuckling to myself right now as I sit in LaGuardia airport watching two people who may or may not qualify as "celebrities". But I, for one, do not think reality TV counts. I'm actually afraid for myself that I recognized them. Hmmm.
A celebrity is defined as

•a widely known person; "he was a baseball celebrity"

so yes, reality stars count. They don't have to be known for good things just that they are known. For instance, it doesn't matter that Snookie is a waste of natural resources or not. She is a celebrity simply for being known.

Old 10-28-2010, 02:57 PM

1,176 posts, read 2,686,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator803 View Post
Are you referring to me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: