U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-26-2010, 09:41 AM

30 posts, read 83,062 times

Advertisements

I've heard that you can get one yearly family pass that will allow you visit all three locations. I've have done a fairly intensive google search on the subject and can't seem to find mention of one.

Is anyone familiar if something like this exists.

Thanks,
Adam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2010, 11:01 AM

1,548 posts, read 1,714,131 times
Discovery Place is highly overrated. If you can get something for just the aquarium and the zoo, you'd be better off.

Old 10-26-2010, 11:04 AM
NCN

14,085 posts, read 12,286,194 times
There is a website for the North Carolina Zoo and we had a grandparents pass one year that listed other places across the country that honored the pass. In our case it was useless because we didn't even go back to the zoo that year, but I don't regret paying the extra because the zoo is a good cause.

Old 10-26-2010, 01:08 PM

783 posts, read 917,486 times
My kids LOVE Discovery Place and I can't get them out of there without a meltdown! They are 2 & 4. The older kids I saw there were having just as much fun if not more depending upon the activity they were doing.

We get a pass for the Hickory -Catawba Science Center. It allows us to get into all of the participating science centers around the country and some in Canada. We have used it several places in our travels. We come to Discovery Place a few times a year and get in for free. We also used it for the WNC Nature Center in Asheville.

Old 10-26-2010, 04:40 PM

3,117 posts, read 3,752,854 times
From what I've heard from friends, if you join here: Friends of WNC Nature Center — Western North Carolina Nature Center (http://www.wildwnc.org/friends - broken link) you can get in at all of the places you mentioned, plus many more around the country. Most science centers/zoos/aquariums have reciprocal membership, so you may just want to dig around to find the best price. I have a friend who paid $65 for her family of five when she bought a yearly WNC pass, but I don't know if it's always that inexpensive.

Old 10-26-2010, 04:51 PM

1,877 posts, read 2,916,641 times
The Schiele Museum offers a great family rate, which also gets you in to 250+ other museums. Copied directly from www.Schielemuseum.org:

Family - $75 (For one or more people in the same immediate family or grandparents and grandchildren)
  • Unlimited free admission to The Schiele
  • Membership card and decal
  • Free admission to 250+ ASTC museums & science centers
  • 4 free tickets to the James H. Lynn Planetarium
  • 50% discount on exhibit entry fees and public events
  • Quarterly activities calendar and Member newsletter
  • 10% discount in the Schiele Museum Store
  • Exclusive notice of field trips, workshops, and events
  • Discount on summer camps and children's programs
  • "Members Only" events and exhibit openings

The Schiele is a great museum, and the planetarium is awesome! Enjoy!

Old 10-28-2010, 01:43 PM

997 posts, read 3,175,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
From what I've heard from friends, if you join here: Friends of WNC Nature Center — Western North Carolina Nature Center (http://www.wildwnc.org/friends - broken link) you can get in at all of the places you mentioned, plus many more around the country. Most science centers/zoos/aquariums have reciprocal membership, so you may just want to dig around to find the best price. I have a friend who paid $65 for her family of five when she bought a yearly WNC pass, but I don't know if it's always that inexpensive.
We had this pass a couple of years ago and it was great, you can get into the NC and SC zoos, Scheile, Discovery place among many others (there was a kids museum in Winston-Salem we it while at the hospital there for an appt even)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte