Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 06:25 PM

7 posts, read 17,381 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I'm trying to plan my first flight in and out of the CLT airport. However, I'm having trouble find the websites of some off-site long-term airport parking lots. Does anyone know some of the business that offer shuttles to and from the parking lots?
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2010, 06:43 PM

6,151 posts, read 10,022,564 times
The last time I used what I consider long term (left my car for 4 days), I parked in a lot within easy walking distance to the terminal - it was signed as "long term"... I really don't remember what the end cost was, but I remember thinking it was reasonable.

As someone used to JFK and LGA (where you'd use like an Avistar for long term and shuttle service), I will say that the entire CLT experience is super nice and easy. I know it's not your ultimate answer, but figured I would throw that out there.

Old 10-27-2010, 06:46 PM

120 posts, read 236,720 times
I've always used the airport's long term parking. The price is very reasonable ($4/day, I believe) and I've left my car more than 2 weeks a number of times. The lots are convenient and secure and shuttles run frequently -- I don't recall ever waiting more than 5 minutes.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:12 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,798,005 times
There used to be off site long term parking but it closed down a few years ago. The Long Term Parking lots at the airport are great and VERY resonable. The shuttles are constantly running and I've never had a problem using them.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:20 PM

119 posts, read 247,213 times
Park at Long Term 1, 2, or 3. It's $4/day - there's no better deal than that. Just make sure that you know where you are parked! Too many times I have seen people hop on the Long Term 1 bus to get back to their car, only to find out that they are actually parked in Long Term 2. If you made that mistake, you would have to stay on the bus while everyone else got off to go to their car, and then go back at the airport and have to catch another bus to get to your car - not a good experience after getting off of a plane and ready to go home. Just keep in mind that "long term" isn't a single lot.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:22 PM

1,343 posts, read 3,335,039 times
We recently left our car at the airport for 1 week. We parked in one of the daily decks and paid $6 per day, took the airport shuttle bus to and from. There were not very many spots available. We parked on the roof but it all worked out fine. Just make sure you know exactly where your car is parked and in which structure.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:49 PM

120 posts, read 236,720 times
If, by chance, you forget where you parked all is not lost. It will take extra time, but all the cars are inventoried nightly. If you know the license number the attendants can tell you exactly where your car is.

Old 10-28-2010, 05:05 AM

4,713 posts, read 9,697,299 times
We were flying quite a bit up until recently and we would always use the business valet lot: Business Valet (http://charmeck.org/city/charlotte/Airport/Parking/Pages/Business%20Valet.aspx - broken link)

They will park your car, drive you right up to the terminal, and then take you back when you return and have your car waiting for you. $10 per day.

CLT does not have a selection of off site lots like some other airports do. Also, if you are coming back on a Thursday or Friday afternoon...I have seen massive lines to get out of the daily lot at those times.

Old 10-28-2010, 09:19 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,603,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
We were flying quite a bit up until recently and we would always use the business valet lot: Business Valet (http://charmeck.org/city/charlotte/Airport/Parking/Pages/Business%20Valet.aspx - broken link)

They will park your car, drive you right up to the terminal, and then take you back when you return and have your car waiting for you. $10 per day.

CLT does not have a selection of off site lots like some other airports do. Also, if you are coming back on a Thursday or Friday afternoon...I have seen massive lines to get out of the daily lot at those times.
Be sure not to confuse Business Valet with Curbside Valet. Curbside is $19 a day as I found out on a recent trip (this week, actually).

In answer to the OP, you should check hotels near the airport as they often have shuttles and may allow you to ride on them since they are going hourly anyway. For instance, the Doubletree has one:

Charlotte Airport Hotels - Doubletree Charlotte Airport Hotel, NC - North Carolina

Truthfully, though, the daily lot is extremely cheap at $6 a day. You do have to take a shuttle to the terminal but it is pretty quick. Only downside is that when you leave you often have to wait in line to pay. It would be nice if they got some kiosks inside the building where you could pay so you could leave faster.

Old 10-28-2010, 09:30 AM

689 posts, read 1,656,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rather B Cruisin View Post
If, by chance, you forget where you parked all is not lost. It will take extra time, but all the cars are inventoried nightly. If you know the license number the attendants can tell you exactly where your car is.
I did not know this...thanks for sharing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte