Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 06:07 AM

33 posts, read 78,937 times

Advertisements

Senior ,married couple,,,and chasing our kids up north from Sarasota, Fl. I am flying to Charlotte Aug 2 to look around places like Lake Norman, Mooresville and Cornelius. We plan THE FINAL MOVE in the last week of September.
We would like a 2 BR Condo ( to rent at first ) and we have a small dog .
Looking to be near an ELKS club, or an Eagles club, and of course a GOLF COURSE ( which I hope to work there part time ).
Wife works here ( Sarasota ) at Target ( part timer ) and loves it ( a panacea for her shopping urges )...me???...Give me a golf course, a can of beer, and a Karaoke microphone...and a "tone deaf audience" and I am in heaven !!!!
Retired from a major airline I have lived in many places...however time is telling me to "settle down ..the dirt nap is coming soon"....so the Charlotte area is my choice.
NYC for 24 yrs, Honolulu for 25 yrs, Denver, Colorado for 10 yrs and Sarasota, Fl for 6 yrs......( the math...yeah 65 yrs old )..whew I counted right.

We are looking for a "country neighborhood" but also a little more activity than Grants tomb. We may be old....but we love to laugh and meet new friends.

Can anyone suggest a neighborhood to key in on?...( not the cemetary either ) ? I truly appreciate any input and hope everyone finds what they are looking for......Tom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2007, 07:03 AM

182 posts, read 825,051 times
All I can say is that you sound like a hoot! I wish you the best of luck finding the right place you are looking for.

Old 07-08-2007, 07:07 AM

Default Hooooooot

Thanks..........!I can't be much of a "hoot" if our dinner hour is 5 pm !!!!...thanks for the reply.........hope all is well

Old 07-08-2007, 07:35 AM

4,139 posts, read 11,490,650 times
I honestly know nothing about the north of Charlotte areas, but I have heard good things about Sun City in Indian Land, SC, just across the border. It is ON a golf course.

Dawn

Old 07-08-2007, 09:52 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Deir View Post
Senior ,married couple,,,and chasing our kids up north from Sarasota, Fl. I am flying to Charlotte Aug 2 to look around places like Lake Norman, Mooresville and Cornelius. We plan THE FINAL MOVE in the last week of September.
We would like a 2 BR Condo ( to rent at first ) and we have a small dog .
Looking to be near an ELKS club, or an Eagles club, and of course a GOLF COURSE ( which I hope to work there part time ).
Wife works here ( Sarasota ) at Target ( part timer ) and loves it ( a panacea for her shopping urges )...me???...Give me a golf course, a can of beer, and a Karaoke microphone...and a "tone deaf audience" and I am in heaven !!!!
Retired from a major airline I have lived in many places...however time is telling me to "settle down ..the dirt nap is coming soon"....so the Charlotte area is my choice.
NYC for 24 yrs, Honolulu for 25 yrs, Denver, Colorado for 10 yrs and Sarasota, Fl for 6 yrs......( the math...yeah 65 yrs old )..whew I counted right.

We are looking for a "country neighborhood" but also a little more activity than Grants tomb. We may be old....but we love to laugh and meet new friends.

Can anyone suggest a neighborhood to key in on?...( not the cemetary either ) ? I truly appreciate any input and hope everyone finds what they are looking for......Tom
Hey, that's a great new title for the city of Charlotte - the dirt nap city, LOL.
You didn't give a price range so it is hard to make exact suggestions. Generally, you will find a lot of golf in areas all around Charlotte. I would think you would do well in either the south Charlotte area of Ballantyne or the north part of the county in Huntersville. I would echo the suggestion of checking out the Del Mar development, Sun City down south just over the state line in Indian Land. Best of luck to you!

Old 07-08-2007, 12:14 PM

476 posts, read 1,575,987 times
Best of luck on your new adventure!

Old 07-08-2007, 09:57 PM

876 posts, read 3,793,385 times
too bad i just rented my 2/2 in Cornelius on the lake... ahwell...

I'd give consideration to if you want suburb or rural lifestyle, be on the water, and size home, etc, price?

If you want a condo, you can score some beautiful waterfront condo's for the $300K range on the lake in Mooresville and Cornelius,etc...

Old 07-09-2007, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperchargedSS View Post
too bad i just rented my 2/2 in Cornelius on the lake... ahwell...

I'd give consideration to if you want suburb or rural lifestyle, be on the water, and size home, etc, price?

If you want a condo, you can score some beautiful waterfront condo's for the $300K range on the lake in Mooresville and Cornelius,etc...
Thanks for the info....looking to rent, at first, 2/2....$800 range.....and I will check into Sun City. Florida has a Sun City and most of the people in Sarasota ( 65-75 yr range) visit their PARENTS in Sun City !!!!!!.....their Bars there serve only Keopectate on the rocks and Prune juice shooters???

I will fly up there Aug 2, and look around myself.....will check out Sun City also.......thanks again....Tom

Old 07-09-2007, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Hey, that's a great new title for the city of Charlotte - the dirt nap city, LOL.
You didn't give a price range so it is hard to make exact suggestions. Generally, you will find a lot of golf in areas all around Charlotte. I would think you would do well in either the south Charlotte area of Ballantyne or the north part of the county in Huntersville. I would echo the suggestion of checking out the Del Mar development, Sun City down south just over the state line in Indian Land. Best of luck to you!
Ballantyne and Mathews were MY first choice but you know what happens when women get together?........the phrase YES DEAR come to mind ???, anyway, after my trip up there Aug 2-to the 6th..I will have better "ammunition" to combat the little lady ( yeah right ).

thanks for your help.......Tom

Old 07-09-2007, 06:42 PM

117 posts, read 406,234 times
Tom good luck to you and the Misses. You sound like a great funny guy!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte