U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 07:47 PM

1,013 posts, read 2,649,077 times

Advertisements

Man, some of you people need chill the freak out.

Some poster said that my post said that ALL prescriptions are controlled.

Those people need to learn to read AND comprehend. I NEVER said ALL prescriptions were controlled. Amazing how people just jump on the ban wagon.

The state that I previously lived in(NY), YES, Police Officers CAN question prescription drugs in your possession(in plain view). They can ask if the script is yours and examine the bottle to see if the label is on it. They can check to see if the pills in the bottle match the label on bottle.

Someone else said that you can only have in your possession your prescriptions or that of your spouse. That may be true here, but not true in all states. As long as there is a name on the bottle, as long as the pills in the bottle match the label and as long as they are not stolen, it's perfectly legal to possess someone else's scripts. Some people are not able to pick up there own script and have friends, neighbors and relatives pick them up for them.

And no, I'm not citing law(to the rude people). Find it yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2010, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saralee View Post
All prescriptions are NOT controlled substances. For instance, let's begin with antibiotics.

If I had questions about the legalities of what took place during a traffic stop, I'd contact an attorney as opposed to an anonymous group of people (self included) on the Internet who spout replies without consideration to the validity of the response. Why waste your time?

Case in point. Where, EXACTLY, did I say ALL scripts were controlled?

Yeah, people really do spout replies without validity, huh?

Old 11-09-2010, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanceryan View Post
Mike, guess you may want to check your adivce a bit, while I appreciate it when you start out w/ all RX bottles are controlled substances that's false, I'm a Nurse and an RX bottle does not constitute a controlled substance. However there are categories of controls, plus the officer had no idea what the RX's were when asking for them.

Here is another smart one. Read AND comprehend. There is that "ALL" again. Try reading MY post, instead of feeding off other posters' false information.

I NEVER SAID THAT **ALL** SCRIPTS WERE CONTROLLED!!!

For crying out loud!

Old 11-09-2010, 09:38 PM

337 posts, read 585,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike409 View Post
Here is another smart one. Read AND comprehend. There is that "ALL" again. Try reading MY post, instead of feeding off other posters' false information.

I NEVER SAID THAT **ALL** SCRIPTS WERE CONTROLLED!!!

For crying out loud!
MIKE:
Maybe you should reread your own post's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's a paste and copy:

Holy sentence Batman! Yes, they can. ...

Holy sentence Batman!

Yes, they can. Prescriptions are a controlled substance.

IMO, if asked if they were yours, I would answer yes(if they are, of coarse).

Beyond that? Like why are...

Now of course you didn't use the word "ALL" but u did use the word Prescriptions meaning anything requiring a script was a control, if that's not what you meant then everyone here totally missed your point, plus why in the world would anyone in NC/Charlotte care about NY! The topic was based off an event here in NC, not NY, so any advice outside of NC especially a NC forum is unwanted/unwaranted.

Old 11-10-2010, 06:29 AM

624 posts, read 1,889,593 times
Quote:
...so any advice outside of NC especially a NC forum is unwanted/unwaranted.
But what about those Florida laws you were citing earlier as the reason for carrying all those bottles of medication in your glove box?

Quote:
...PS I was traveling from FL. where law is that if your carrying a pocket pill carrier no matter the meds you need to have the RX bottle near buy cause cops can arrest you for simplly having an unmarked RX on you, so I carry some of my meds in my glove box which when I got my registration is that's where he saw them...
Also you make reference to national "police abuse" events that...

Quote:
...This State and Country is filled w/ video and reports of crooked cops, not saying my interaction was w/ a crooked cop, but all I'm saying is as a whole most people don't trust the police anymore, respect has been replaced by fear..
And of course can't leave out the National Gov't / Military

Quote:
...I saw enlisted people being thrown in jail for things their superiors were ordering them to do, yet the Superiors still roam free. That's when I lost all respect and hope for government...

Old 11-10-2010, 06:40 AM

2,115 posts, read 6,442,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike409 View Post
Case in point. Where, EXACTLY, did I say ALL scripts were controlled?

Yeah, people really do spout replies without validity, huh?
I read and comprehend just fine. And I stand by my original statement that all prescriptions are not controlled substances.

Old 11-10-2010, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saralee View Post
I read and comprehend just fine. And I stand by my original statement that all prescriptions are not controlled substances.
Saralee;
i've previously posted the laws regarding what a controlled medication is, it has nothing at all to do w/ the RX as the person previously posted.

Old 11-10-2010, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMT View Post
But what about those Florida laws you were citing earlier as the reason for carrying all those bottles of medication in your glove box?

Also you make reference to national "police abuse" events that...

And of course can't leave out the National Gov't / Military
The question or statement was posed why I was carrying the meds in my glove box, either way Fl rules/laws or NC/rules/laws I'm allowed to carry my meds anywhere I wish.

I've always wondered why NewYorkers tout how great it is up North but yet they flock like rabid dogs to infect other states, there isn't a state that New Yorkers have invaded that they have actually helped the region they always bring crime, poor attitude to our nice Southern States.

Stick to what you New Yorkers know best, snow, and being mean!

As for the other posts you sited above I was stating feeling, not facts as you did, when someone ask's me why I did or do something I can only answer.

You however come here and start sighting NY laws and how it's done in NY etc etc, no one ask ed you about NY, someone asked me about why I carry my meds in my car, see the difference, yeah you probably don't!

Old 11-10-2010, 11:35 AM

624 posts, read 1,889,593 times
I think you're getting confused about which people do not believe their was any fault by the officer to ask you about the four bottles of medication in your glove box. He couldn't read the bottles, so he asked to be able to verify them and verify that the contents on the label match the pills contained in the bottle. Otherwise how could he possibly know if it was a controlled substance or not.

I'm from PA and all I did was quote your previous comments. As well as ask what your fellow nurses that you work with thought about the situation at hand because unlike the board, they would know you best and possibly have a better understanding of your situation of having 4 bottles of medicaiton in your glove box.

Old 11-13-2010, 07:49 PM

3,071 posts, read 7,804,441 times
Quote:
So I guess in your way of thinking if Im walking down the street and I trip over a curb and a cop see's me then tha't is probable cause to stop talk and search me for being under the influence?
actually, yes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte