Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 02:56 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,505,372 times

Advertisements

Where did this occur in NC?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2010, 03:10 PM

337 posts, read 663,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Where did this occur in NC?
Go Back and reread my entire explanation of the event. It happened in outside of Hickory!

Old 11-08-2010, 04:14 PM

I expect while this Zahra Clare Baker case is going on nearby the media & leo in the area are a little more vigilant. IMO medicine out in the open would appear odd; Except inhalers. Most people I know including me place the medicine in glove box or console to protect the medicine from weather extremes in addition for security for the bad situations may occur,

Old 11-08-2010, 08:13 PM

Quote:
I expect while this Zahra Clare Baker case is going on nearby the media & leo in the area are a little more vigilant. IMO medicine out in the open would appear odd; Except inhalers. Most people I know including me place the medicine in glove box or console to protect the medicine from weather extremes in addition for security for the bad situations may occur,
If you read my post my meds were indead in the glove box, it was when I opened the glove box to get my insurance out for him that he saw the 4 bottles.

Either way I've met w/ counsel today, and will be getting more info later on, if this was proper or not.

Old 11-08-2010, 08:30 PM

Ok Im sorry I skim and judging by other posts I was mislead if this case I would be mad I do think a line was crossed,Heck as you didnt get into any legal trouble let it go move on. Im .sure this probably isolated incident. I have a slot on my visor for my registration, insurance, Appointment cards etc.
Due to times we live in the cop was probably tense you reaching over.

Old 11-08-2010, 09:12 PM

171 posts, read 357,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
Just tell the cop that you are from Mexico and then the cop will not be allowed ask for any verification.
Fixed.

Old 11-08-2010, 09:31 PM

624 posts, read 2,108,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whytewulf View Post
...Reading through your posts, there is an underlying tone...It sounded like you provoked the situation. I can't say the officer was right, if what you say was true...So I'd be careful in casting stones and making sweeping accusations.

...It irks me, that people think their rights are always violated by an officer of the law doing their job. We are not sheep because we respect people doing their job. And that is anyone doing their job.
I've read through all the post and am not a cop or lawyer. That said, I'm inclined to agree with parts of what Whytewulf stated earlier. It seems like the OP takes isolated actions and applies them to every cop that is encountered.

It seems natural for a person's heart rate to increase when put in a unknown situation, but comparing a "20-30 beat's per min, which is no different than being on speed"...come on...

I'm curious why an educated nurse would keep medication (4 separate bottles of medication) in a glove box? Do you regularly take your medication while in the car, shortly after or before driving? Do you wake up in the morning and go out to your car for medication? Do you find that your car maintains the proper temperature and level of humidity for your medication to be stored?

Your quote from earlier "PS I was traveling from FL. where law is that if your carrying a pocket pill carrier no matter the meds you need to have the RX bottle near buy cause cops can arrest you for simplly having an unmarked RX on you, so I carry some of my meds in my glove box which when I got my registration is that's where he saw them." Which I didn't really understand, the bottles in the glove box were all empty? Just for identification purposes? Just seems like a glove box is a horrible place to keep medications.

Do you find it at all odd to have these medications in your car? Because frankly, I've got tons of questions, but best of luck with your law suit and crusade to protect us from "getting pretty close to either being shot, or having 100 other cops pull up...going to jail w/ some bumps and bruises. (Yes, I read your quote about just wanting to know if it was legal or not and their is no lawsuit, but heck, I'm just going with the sensationalism already established in the thread. We got cops acting like their on speed, a hundred cops showing up and beating you up or shooting you, cops going without checks and balances and rights being stripped from ever Jack and Jane...)

Last edited by MysteryMT; 11-08-2010 at 09:58 PM..

Old 11-08-2010, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Ok Im sorry I skim and judging by other posts I was mislead if this case I would be mad I do think a line was crossed,Heck as you didnt get into any legal trouble let it go move on. Im .sure this probably isolated incident. I have a slot on my visor for my registration, insurance, Appointment cards etc.
Due to times we live in the cop was probably tense you reaching over.
He is the one that asked me to reach into the glove box to give him the RX bottles, that's where the problems started cause I was not comfortable doing this, cause I felt he was trying to get me to move in his direction, plus he was a lot closer to them than me.

I like you have decided to move my ins and papers to my visor now, to prevent this from furhter happening again.

Old 11-08-2010, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMT View Post
I've read through all the post and am not a cop or lawyer. That said, I'm inclined to agree with parts of what Whytewulf stated earlier. It seems like the OP takes isolated actions and applies them to every cop that is encountered.

It seems natural for a person's heart rate to increase when put in a unknown situation, but comparing a "20-30 beat's per min, which is no different than being on speed"...come on...

I'm curious why an educated nurse would keep medication (4 separate bottles of medication) in a glove box? Do you regularly take your medication while in the car, shortly after or before driving? Do you wake up in the morning and go out to your car for medication? Do you find that your car maintains the proper temperature and level of humidity for your medication to be stored?

Your quote from earlier "PS I was traveling from FL. where law is that if your carrying a pocket pill carrier no matter the meds you need to have the RX bottle near buy cause cops can arrest you for simplly having an unmarked RX on you, so I carry some of my meds in my glove box which when I got my registration is that's where he saw them." Which I didn't really understand, the bottles in the glove box were all empty? Just for identification purposes? Just seems like a glove box is a horrible place to keep medications.

Do you find it at all odd to have these medications in your car? Because frankly, I've got tons of questions, but best of luck with your law suit and crusade to protect us from "getting pretty close to either being shot, or having 100 other cops pull up...going to jail w/ some bumps and bruises. (Yes, I read your quote about just wanting to know if it was legal or not and their is no lawsuit, but heck, I'm just going with the sensationalism already established in the thread. We got cops acting like their on speed, a hundred cops showing up and beating you up or shooting you, cops going without checks and balances and rights being stripped from ever Jack and Jane...)
Where I'm from it's the law to always have your RX bottle's w/ in reach. If you are ever stopped on a street and a cop frisks you and you have a pill carrier that you can get in any CVS, you can be taken to Jail for not having proof of the meds on you that they are yours or what they are.

So since you said you've read all the posts guest you missed that explanation in there, hmmm!

I never acted inapropriately, matter of fact at the end of the stop the officer thanked me for remaining calm, and tried to explain why he did what he did, which in my mind was an admission he was actiing out of his bounds, don't know.

As for a lawsuit, again you said you read all the posts, don't recall me ever saying I was suing, I'm well off financially, don't need any coin, however did say I planned to file a complaint if indeed I'm told he was acting out of line, eithe way what I end up doing is none of your worries right, cause you feel that your living in a free society where all cops are on your side, and the govt is here to bail you out, nope unless your already a billionaire.

Before you post inaccurate comments, especially when you've not read at very least all my posts, then go back reread them and maybe take off your bias views of whom you think I am and maybe you may be able to see where I'm coming from.

By the way 1 lawyer already stated today that it didn' sound right what he did, and if indeed he was right in looking at my meds he had no right to furhter inquire about them, especially once I told him I wouldn't answer his repeated questions.

Old 11-08-2010, 10:30 PM

624 posts, read 2,108,247 times
I just want to pet you and tell you it'll all be OK. Do any of the medications help you sleep at night? I'm on Mountain time this week and feel like it's getting close to tuck in?

You know what might be a good idea, check with your co-workers at the hospital or other medical facility and see what their opinion is. Might be interesting to see what sort of conclusions are drawn. They undoubtedly know you better and can provide possible a more insightful opinion than a general forum for Charlotte can offer.

Sweet dreams!

Other fun facts - I quoted your whole FL law thing and stated you weren't suing anyone but it's just fun to cuddle sometimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte